Is there a movie you know word-for-word? (Read 1212 times)

The Big Lebowski. Such a great film!
    2nd that. We went bowling the other night and had a few good laughs about the movie. We used to play that movie over & over & over, once it was playing all weekend, like background music!! We don't watch it very often anymore, since we have a 5-year old in the house & by the time he goes to bed, we're too tired to do anything!! My quotable movie is the old Wuthering Heights, with Laurence Olivier & Merle Oberon. I cannot live without my life. I cannot die without my soul. I love that movie!!! Edit: And how could I forget Princess Bride? Inconceivable! Tongue

Michelle

The Sound of Music. Must have watched it at least 100 times.
      Rachel
        "But I was going to Tashi station to pick up some power converters!" "Mos Eisley Spaceport, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." and my favourite, 'Don't call me a mindless philosopher you overweight glob of grease."
          Forgot one: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

jules2

Wasn't the original question "word for word?" I must have learning difficulties as the only one I can think of is Mel Brookes finest film SILENT MOVIE

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Life is Good

Several movies come to mind but here are few favorites Grease Breaking away Holy Grail Rocky horror Picture show Tongue

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Wasn't the original question "word for word?" I must have learning difficulties as the only one I can think of is Mel Brookes finest film SILENT MOVIE
                "NO!" I've got a few, most have been mentions. Holy Grail, Pulp Fiction (surprised it got so few nods), a few Disney flicks. The only one I have to add that I haven't seen is Men In Black.
                AnneCA

Breaking away
                  "But I thought that was the plan, to waste the rest of our lives together!" Breaking Away is the one I know word-for-word. And Star Wars. But, then, I'm a 39 year old child geek originally from Bloomington, so I pretty much have to have those down cold.

Where's my coffee?

The brat pack trifecta!!!!
                    Ooooh yes! My DH refuses to be in the room with me whenever the Breakfast Club is on. "PB&J with the crusts cut off. Is your mom married to Mr. Rogers?" "Uh, no, Mr. Johnson." Napolean Dynamite is great as well: "You know I'm training to be a cage fighter."
                    My sport is your sport's punishment!
                      " Home for the Holidays" the movie that every dysfunctional family in america knows was written for them! favorite line ( among many) " Opinions are like A$$holes, Everyone has one, and everyone thinks the other person's Stinks" ......Classic. Napolean Dynamite: Could recite the entire movie word for word. " can you bring me my chapstick?" ..... Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Hi folks. I'm new here after leaving CoolRunning. I figured I'd chime in since my sister and I have a knack for reciting a lot of movies line for line. We tend to work movie quotes into everyday conversation to the point where sometimes we forget if it's an original thought or a cheap movie rip-off. Star Wars has always been my favorite though...and sooo quoteable. It's been on HBO plenty lately and I've taken the opportunity to watch it with my 10 week old son...never too early. The best so far though was when my 4 year old neice came over and asked if she could watch the "Darth Vader movie." I had to have her repeat the request so people wouldn't think I made it up. We proceeded to watch Return of the Jedi end to end with her asking "Who's that?" and if they were a good guy or not. She was also wondering when Darth would become a "nice guy." It's great bringing the next generation into a galaxy far away.
                          I know the movie Swingers word for word. "Vegas Baby! Vegas!" "We're gonna spend half the night driving around the hills looking for this one party, and you're gonna say it sucks, and we're all gonna leave, and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. I spend half the night talkin' to some girl who's lookin' around the room... to see if there's somebody else who's more important she should be talking to. And it's like I'm supposed to be all happy, uh, 'cause she's wearing a backpack. I... You know, and half of them are just nasty skanks... who wouldn't be nothing, except they're surrounded by a bunch of drunken, horny assholes." Genius.
                            Easy.Young Frankenstien. pardon me boy is this the Transylvania Station? ya ya . Track 29. Ah give you a shine? Uh no thanks.

Gotta TRI

Young Frankenstein, Yes! "werewolf? There, wolf. Pardon? There! Wolf...There Castle" "would you care for a roll in zee hay? Roll roll roll in zee hay" Great stuff!!
                              2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"would you care for a roll in zee hay? Roll roll roll in zee hay" Great stuff!!
                                Terri Garr is way cool...where has she been for the past 20 years?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay