Houston Marathon (Read 165 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Think we're far enough out that the tragic flooding won't keep it from happening?  Was getting ready to pull the trigger on registration.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

I was considering signing up myself. Haven't run it in a few years now.  Unless the Astros happen to win the pennant, then the entire city will shut down. Yep, the race is a safe play.

Anonymous Guest

I live in the suburbs of Houston. I don't think the flooding will stop the race from happening - it's four months out and this place is going to come back quickly. I mean, the city will not be back to where it was anytime soon, but the marathon will still happen.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

DoppleBock

Nice marathon ... I found it an easy flight in, a shuttle ride to a hotel that was either right at or close to the start / finish and I could get a room or 1 night if I wanted (Boston 3 night minimum).  It has been a few years, but I was able to fly from WI and get it all done for @ $500.

Race course is fast.  The 1st 3-4 was a little twisty / turny ... but after that it was boringly flat and straight.

I ran it 2006 & 2012

Not likely to go back as I do not care that much about "Fast" anymore ... Lots of races I would like to do that I have never done.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !