The Trent Fund (A little help Eric?) (Read 3320 times)

Lazy idiot

I love this idea.

Tick tock

xor

I hope that the casual RA, non-swamp lurker checks into this thread.  This person may have certain notions of "thunder" that might not match with the reality of the thunder.

People are just folks, all over.  Sometimes we lose this in message boards.  Friends help friends.

Good stuff, yo.

Great idea. Thanks for getting/keeping this going.

Maybe you just need to clarify that this is your nice alter-ego, Andrew, talking. I'm sure The Thunder will be back soon.

~Sara
        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Menace to Sobriety

Sort of makes me want to stop being such an a-hole in most of my posts. 

Now that's just more crazy talk!

Thanks for the update and info.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

A Saucy Wench

I'm already thinking/working on phase 2 of "The Trent Fund" assuming the worst, that he'll need much more $ to ensure the welfare of his family.  I am thinking about putting on a charity race/concert that the benefits would go directly to Trent and/or some to JK as well.  Depending on needs.  Since I work with musicians, I'm pretty sure I can arrange for some entertainment.  I'll keep you all posted on this as things progress...and maybe this will be a good chance to get down to Nashville...do a fun race, and enjoy some good music too! 

I love this idea. 

Also...I think it has been mentioned elsewhere...if there is an opportunity to combine this with maybe a few days of hardcore RA work-party some of us who have a long ways to travel would like to make the most of it.  Run.  Drink.  Paint.  Drink.  Hopefully not drink paint.

And please let JK know that even though he hasnt been here in awhile, he is still part of this community. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

ymmv

Great idea. Thanks for getting/keeping this going.

Maybe you just need to clarify that this is your nice alter-ego, Andrew, talking. I'm sure The Thunder will be back soon.

I don't see the difference. 'Both' unselfishly bring out the best in others, sometimes in the most entertaining fashion.

xor

Also...I think it has been mentioned elsewhere...if there is an opportunity to combine this with maybe a few days of hardcore RA work-party some of us who have a long ways to travel would like to make the most of it.  Run.  Drink.  Paint.  Drink.  Hopefully not drink paint.

I'm down for this for sure.

Another Passion

I love this idea. 

And please let JK know that even though he hasnt been here in awhile, he is still part of this community. 

+1 Gazillion, Thunder.  Outstanding ideas.  And, please DO pass along to JK that we are thinking of him as well. 

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Skooter 3.0

I'm already thinking/working on phase 2 of "The Trent Fund" assuming the worst, that he'll need much more $ to ensure the welfare of his family.  I am thinking about putting on a charity race/concert that the benefits would go directly to Trent and/or some to JK as well.  Depending on needs.  Since I work with musicians, I'm pretty sure I can arrange for some entertainment.  I'll keep you all posted on this as things progress...and maybe this will be a good chance to get down to Nashville...do a fun race, and enjoy some good music too! 

I might know some musicians that would love to help too Wink

Goals?

MrH

I think he's looking for musicians that people would pay to see.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

#artbydmcbride

Someone should get Casa involved too.  DAMN!

Runners run

Trent had me at "I make Thunder want to be a better human".  Seriously TT, you've banked some serious karma points with this one, hat's off to you.

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The Thunder

Hells yea.  We could make this a 1 day Thunder Challenge EPIC event.  A couple kegs of Yazoo may be needed.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

A Saucy Wench

I think he's looking for musicians that people would pay to see.

I would totally pay to see Skootr's band again.  That cd is permanently installed in my car changer.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Just saw this thread. I work for a company that sells pumps. I could provide a small portable gas utility pump or a sump pump if needed. Or whatever is needed. Someone message me if I can help.