The Trent Fund (A little help Eric?) (Read 3320 times)

mikeymike

Runners run

oh no, not again.  Mikey.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh.

Dammit...it's the new Rick Roll.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dammit...it's the new Rick Roll.

How you like them apples Zoomie?

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Misinformation Officer

Back on topic (I know, Party Pooper...)

If any of y'all in the region know someone who needs people to foster their dogs while their homes are in disarray, please let me know. 

Another Passion

Trent was in my dream yesterday morning.  We were just conversing near a lakefront.  I don't know what we were talking about though.  Strange... especially considering I don't generally recall the majority of my dreams at all.  Hope things are going ok, Trent.  Tell JK I am thinking about him as well.

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Just saw this thread today. Got the info from Thunder.  Help sent.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey folks, an update of sorts for you.  First, thank you ALL for your exuberant generosity!  Wow!  Just wow!  Second, it appears that the insurance company does not want to cover the bulk of the damage and the city is not initially going to help us like they are going to help many of the flood victims.  We will be pushing back on both fronts given the severity of the damage to our home, possessions and property.  Our biggest liability is the unstable looming hill behind our house that could tumble down again at any moment; stabilizing and retaining the hill will potentially cost half the home's value, and that before we can fix the house.  So thank you all so much for helping some random internet guy and his family as they dig out.  We appreciate it more than you can imagine.
                    And if I can help with slope stability issues let me know.  I've worked on many similar projects, though I admit they were around Seattle and not Ten.  But still, with some pictures and slope measurements and a general idea of the soil/rock conditions I can probably be useful.

I look my best blurry!

Hey folks, an update of sorts for you.  First, thank you ALL for your exuberant generosity!  Wow!  Just wow!  Second, it appears that the insurance company does not want to cover the bulk of the damage and the city is not initially going to help us like they are going to help many of the flood victims.  We will be pushing back on both fronts given the severity of the damage to our home, possessions and property.  Our biggest liability is the unstable looming hill behind our house that could tumble down again at any moment; stabilizing and retaining the hill will potentially cost half the home's value, and that before we can fix the house.  So thank you all so much for helping some random internet guy and his family as they dig out.  We appreciate it more than you can imagine.

We love you "random internet guy!"  Still have you in our thoughts daily.  

We love you "random internet guy!"  Still have you in our thoughts daily.

What she said.

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The Thunder

I can tell you all that this 'slope' area that the mudslide was from is so much more 'impressive' in person than in the photos.  When I was at Trent's house (what's left of it) the other day stealing his beer....wow, that mud is just MASSIVE!  I can't believe it hasn't already come down again and destroyed the rest of the house.  Really, some sad...strangely impressive nature going on there. 

Trent if you need help getting rid of more beer, let me know!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

DamFrawd

Hello folks.  I'm not a runner, but I'm married to one. My wife runs.. and has been following y'all on this website for the past two years. Shes just to chicken to post. However she often keeps me posted on the doings and sayings of your interactions on here. You are an inspiration to her as well as a great source of amusement. (Who could follow the saga of potted and stumped without being amused..?)  I was drawn in to your website to click along with ya for 4 hours during the mighty efforts of DB. I was tasked with staying up till 3 am to write the results down on our fridges message board so she could see it before heading off to work . (filled the board with stats.. and GO DB's!.. I found I couldn't help myself.)

Anyways.. I'm posting here because we both want to contribute some cash to Trent. If we lived closer we'd want to donate more than that.  I don't trust paypal for reasons I'm not going to get into, but is there anywhere where we could mail a check to?  Something?    

DamFrawd

P.S. my e-mail is DamFrawd#yahoo.com  if privacy is needed to set something up. 

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Ditto on the love for the random internet guy!

TRUST THE PROCESS

The Thunder

Thank you.  You know who you are. 

Thanks to everyone that's contributed their hard earned income to Trent.  He's a good man, and ya'll are some amazing folks.  I can tell you that his situation still isn't resolved...and there is a long way to go.  This event is going to impact his family for the rest of their life...and every dollar you've been gracious enough to give has helped...and will continue to help. 

So again, thank you all for helping my friend.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…