Calorie Tracking Website (Read 948 times)

hairylunch

Hey, does anyone out there know a good website for keeping track of caloric intake? I did a quick search on the forums here, and saw a few mentions for www.acaloriecounter.com, and google turned up lots of results, but I'm not sure which one I want to use. Features I'm looking for: 1) Ability to log what I eat 2) A deep database of various foods 3) Some nice reporting tools - weekly consumption, daily, breakdowns by categories of food, etc 4) Clean interface Anyway, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated . . . thanks!

Former runner

Do a search here for fitday or the daily plate for some threads about those sites.

Ross

Lazy idiot

Hey, does anyone out there know a good website for keeping track of caloric intake? I did a quick search on the forums here, and saw a few mentions for www.acaloriecounter.com, and google turned up lots of results, but I'm not sure which one I want to use. Features I'm looking for: 1) Ability to log what I eat 2) A deep database of various foods 3) Some nice reporting tools - weekly consumption, daily, breakdowns by categories of food, etc 4) Clean interface Anyway, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated . . . thanks!
        I've heard fitday is good, as well. But I used sparkpeople when I was tracking calories for a week or two. It was easy enough.

Tick tock

I'll 2nd the Sparkpeople recommendation. It's free and it tracks carbs, protein, fiber, fat etc.

A Saucy Wench

I use fitday, but I prefer the download version to the free one

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

umm www.eatingahead.com ???? LOL
              hairylunch

Thanks for all the responses everyone. i'm trying out SparkPeople and FitDay. I'll let you know what I think.

running yogi

I'll 2nd the Sparkpeople recommendation. It's free and it tracks carbs, protein, fiber, fat etc.
                  Sparkpeople was very helpful for me. I found fitday overrated the calories that I burnt in a day.

The young Mama Bear!

http://www.caloriecount.about.com is what I use. Good people, and a good database of foods. It'll give you a good breakdown of your daily eats.
                    Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                    Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                      I love love love the Calorieking.com website. Their software you can buy and have on your computer is AMAZING. They update their food (individual foods, restaurants, ethnic foods) databases constantly, and their exercise tracker is great too. LOVE it. Love love love. Love.
                      "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong
                      sfarrant

I'm a member of Calorie King - not only is their database really good, but it's a nice community there, too! Sarah
                        2008 Harrisburg Half Marathon 1:44:39 2008 Harrisburg Marathon 3:44:00
                        hairylunch

So, SparkPeople is winning right now. FitDay's database is kind of strange, and their search returns a lot of items. For example, when searching for rice yesterday, I'd expect the first few items to be just plain rice, maybe brown rice, but most of the results were dishes with rice in them. The one feature I liked about FitDay was being able to adjust the size of an item that you'd added to your daily intake. In other words, I was able to add a cup of rice, and then change it to a half-cup. SparkPeople has a better search, and a cleaner interface overall, though it doesn't let you edit items that you have added. I'm going to try Calorie King today . . .
                          hairylunch

Okay, I lied . . . I'm not going to try CalorieKing, as I just noticed it's $7/month. With the plethora of free sites out there, I think I'm going to stick with SparkPeople . . .
                            redleaf

Slight highjack -- I am going to sign up for the sparkpeople website. They ask who referred me ... does anyone here want to be named? back to your regularly scheduled program...

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362