Interval Units for Swim (Read 444 times)

wyerock

All of my swims in July are showing up in miles instead of yards now.  The summary entry and the edit view show the overall and intervals in yards, but when I just view the entry, its showing up in miles (0.03, 0.06 miles).  I haven't changed how I load the intervals, but the June entries appear to show up correctly.
    eric :)

When you record a workout, you specify a distance and the corresponding unit.  When you view the workout, you will always see the actual data as opposed to the converted data.  For example, if you ran a 5k, you don't want the view workout page to automatically convert it to 3.1 miles (or do you?)

The summary and workout list pages can convert units because they're summary pages, where ease of comparison is more important than precision.  I think this might explain what you're observing since the code does not behave differently based on the date.

wyerock

I enter all the intervals and units in yards, but they are showing up as miles only on the July swims.  This is when I view the workout.  Summary and list pages are fine.

Here is an example: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/fbca9d46ed4449b3837bf64c6ce7b3bf/workouts/f15ff71ed81e4f5e87c41c89de57d00a

All the units on that entry show up as miles.  I entered them all as yards.  When I click the edit link, all the units are in yards.  All of my entries in July do this.

Here is an entry from June, that shows up correctly:

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/fbca9d46ed4449b3837bf64c6ce7b3bf/workouts/7d54710f590f48399609b3c836b1b77c

MTA: This must be related to the Garmin imports.  I can manually enter intervals and they show up correctly.  I use my Garmin to record lap splits with the GPS turned off, so I have a bunch of laps with no distance.  I manually enter the distance for each lap on RA.  Is it possible the entries are sticking to the Garmin's units instead of what I entered?

wyerock

I've also noticed that these problem entries follow the Distance Unit I have set in Locale Settings--either miles or km.  Still shows up in yards when I switch to edit view.

On the Garmin, they are recorded as "Other" rather than running or biking.

eric :)

wyerock,

The units are assigned during the import and is determined by your default unit system.  I can look into fixing it to use activity specific units but I don't think it will help you in this case.  The reason is that Garmin labels run and bike entries as such, but other activities are lumped into "Other", which the importer has no hope of ever figuring out what they are.  As I mentioned in another post, I am switching methods of extracting the data for the next release cycle, so maybe that will provide additional ways to fix this problem.