Shoe review: NB 902 (Read 504 times)

who knows...

Has anyone had the opportunity to run the New Balance 902s on varied terrain and over 100 miles? (Varied terrain = roads to trails [moderate to mild technicality]) They fit nice in the store, though I am curious as to how the mid-foot/mid-sole cushioning holds up after a while, esp. for runs of 10+ miles.
    "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin
    PWL

Has been

I think Kirsten (Zoom-Zoom) has the 902. I'm sure she'll respond soon!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I do, but haven't really run more than 4-5 miles at a go, yet and only have logged 26 miles total in them. So far I really love them, but I haven't yet decided if I am ready to try running anything longer than maybe 5-6 miles in them. I'm not particularly fast, so they don't really make a noticeable difference in my speed (or lack thereof). I do love how lightweight and flexible they are, but I worry that the flexibility will set my arch tendonitis issues off if I press my luck running too many miles at a crack in them. I also really miss the forefoot cushion that my 767s have in comparison and I think I'd notice it greatly on longer runs and races. I think this would be true for me with any lightweight trainer/performance type shoe, though. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

who knows...

kirsten: thanks for the response. When trying them on, I noticed, similar to your mention, that the forefoot (and mid, for me) seemed to be softer than other shoes of the same caliber (at least those in the same store). Seems like we are noticing some of the same issues. I think I keep looking at them because they are so unabashedly orange Smile
          "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin