Any Motorcyclists? Post'em!! (Read 188 times)

Better I Leave

Wow PGD.  I would say your wife is not typical.  In a good way.

BTW  VTX1800 0-60 is around 3.5 - 3.8.    Slow POS.  Evil

yeah it is

Chris UK

My old BSA Golden Flash modded to full Rocket Gold Star "cafe racer" status. RRT2 close ratio box - 60 mph in first gear if I remember correctly with a bit of clutch slip to get going. Back in the day not many could live with me on this until the Honda 4's arrived. I still thrashed them on the windy bits though they had better braking with those new-fangled disc brake thingies!!

Yeah - I was a rebel. Smile

BSA Rocket Gold Star

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

chaquita73:  that is a bummer!!  so you run more since you sold your bike? LOL!!  My dad taught me to ride when I was in junior high school; didn't bother him that I was a 'girl' ......he's a mechanic and taught his daughters and sons about engines, cars, bikes, etc.  At 52 and a grandmother of 2, I am still passionate about riding as I am about running, actually, just be active.  life is grand!!

kencarnet:  love your avatar!  was in PHX area and ran a 20k TRAIL run, awesome!!  We haven't gone snowboarding for a few years as well, so I guess we need to sell them but I think we are hanging onto our snowmobiles ........... for now!

Better I Leave

Milzed...

Queen of 3rd Place

Chris UK - very nice!

I've had most every make out there, including a string of BMW tourers/sport-tourers. I've now switched to what I'm calling "Ultralight Sport-touring", here's my 2012 Triumph Street Triple on a quick solo tour in SE Utah last summer (this is in Capitol Reef):

Here's the most recent of the big beemers, a K1200R, golly that thing was FAST!!

And the old, somewhat crotchety beemer I've kept, an '81 R65 that I restored a few years ago (the black one on the right), this is in our local foothills, guy next to me has his sweetheart '73 R75/5:

Ex runner

'07 Electra Glide Classic...first year for the 6 speed trans and the bigger engine.

I was riding Harleys back in the days that it was "uncool" to ride Harleys. Now everybody and their brother has one. I sold off my last bike about 20 years ago when I started having kids.

foreign bikes-no interest. (though I do have a soft spot for the 60-70's 2 cylinder brits)

Pics,nope. I wouldn't want to be seen the way I looked back then anyway!

Great pic lleneforward !

Jayedw31

My VTX1300 gets me to work and back, 80mi round trip every day. Much better mileage than the beast behind it.

VTX 1300

a cutie!!

bike is gorgeous too!!

hope you're getting some long rides more than running miles in Smile

Back in the 60's and 70's I owned a number of bikes ranging from small Hondas to a Matchless G80, (500cc single), Yamaha RD 350, and finally a Yamaha 750 shaft drive sport touring bike.

Love the Beezer cafe racer, and I would not mind getting a middleweight modern bike, but I am frankly scared of city traffic so it would be more of a Sunday ride on country roads kind of thing.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Buelligan

At Deals Gap af few years ago...

In town... in streetfighter garb.

Some friends...  and Lewis, the dog.

Queen of 3rd Place

Time for an update, BMW F800GT. There it was in the showroom in my favorite color, I was a goner.

Ex runner

2009 Harley-Davidson V-Rod - VRSCAW

2009 H-D v-rod in red hot sun-glo, with 240mm rear tire, most of the weight centrally and lowered balanced, 1250cc, torquey v-twin makes for a very responsive ride.  Changed to 'louder' pipes, and added a sporty windshield.  It works for me.  I try to ride to my races but it depends on the distance to the race.  I still haven't learn my lesson.  Rode 2 hrs to a tough HM trail race and it took me the rest of the day to ride home.  Should have stayed the night.  It was fun though, stopping here and there to take in the views, talking to other riders, tourists, etc.

A little old...

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Queen of 3rd Place

You have an old Police Kawasaki 1000?

Ex runner