Running Shorts - no liner? (Read 2406 times)

Do such things exist?

Looking for something to wear over UA compression shorts

Cheers

2017 Goals
    1) Run more than 231 miles
    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

xor

You may find some at roadrunnersports.

BUT, I wear my built-in-panties running shorts over compression shorts without issue.

Can't you just wear regular workout Shorts?
        "If I control myself, I control my destiny."

You may find some at roadrunnersports.

BUT, I wear my built-in-panties running shorts over compression shorts without issue.

You did not just say panties did you?  Oh man you made me say panties.

BTW ... Do the same thing and was just thinking about cutting those bad boys (or girls) out.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

xor

I leave the panties in because for shorter runs, I'll do those w/o compression shorts.  And my boys need a home.

Edited to add: these are different "boys" than the ones you are proposing cutting out.

I hope.

I leave the panties in because for shorter runs, I'll do those w/o compression shorts.  And my boys need a home.

Edited to add: these are different "boys" than the ones you are proposing cutting out.

I hope.

You are correct sir ....Did not even think of the potential mixup.  Not that desperate to relieve chaffing issues

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Old, Slow, Happy

I wear the shorts with liner and no compression shorts.  I just wanted to write "panties". 

Running shorts with built-in-panties works most of the time. If I rock this option, though, I usually lube up with body glide.

For races or distances of 15+, I wear compression shorts only. I tried the shorts-over-the-tights thing, but it looked like I was wearing a skirt. So I stopped.

So, to summarize;

Buy shorts with panties;

Wear them over compression shorts

If that doesn't work - cut the bad boys out.

If you end up cutting out the wrong bad boys <wince at the thought>  there's still a solution as the shorts-over-the-tights thing looks like you are wearing a skirt!

Excellent - Now where did I put those scissors.

MTA - an additional "Panties" - Just for good measure

2017 Goals
                    1) Run more than 231 miles
                    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I cut the "Panties" out because I don't like them and my boys don't like them.  I always wear some sort of long underwear or compression shorts under my shorts. 

http://www.amazon.com/Tommy-Hilfiger-Athletic-Boxer-Brief/dp/B002C745SC/ref=pd_sbs_a_1

They actually make shorts with compression underwear!  I have a pair of AsicsI really like and a pair from roadrunner - not as big of a fan (they are cheaper though).  Highly recommend the Asics though.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/TGM1229/

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRM901/crosssellpage/

2011 Goals:
                        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
                        6 of 10 posts in this thread mention "panties. Oops, make that 7 of 11. hehe

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

6 of 10 posts in this thread mention "panties. Oops, make that 7 of 11. hehe

Well I modified my first and since I am quoting you that now makes it 9 out of 12

2011 Goals:
                            Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                            Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

#artbydmcbride

.... silky soft panties, I mean liners .... 

Runners run

Do such things exist?

Looking for something to wear over UA compression shorts

Cheers

Yeah, can't you just chop off the "inner supporter"?  One time, my wife got this biker's singlet because it had the back pocket for GU.  But, of course, it also had the built-in bra.  She was going to wear her favorite bra and it was too much to have both.  I told her to simply cut off the built-in bra...  "I just paid $40 for this!  I don't want to chop anything off...!!!"  Well, I convinced her in the end and I did chop it off.  She put it on and, well, looked embarrassed (because she knew she lost--a rare occasion in our life!).  I've had the occasion when my favorite shorts got the "inner supporter" around the crotch too loose (the rubber strap) and, well, won't hold the boys too well.  So I simply cut it off (not the boys) and wore Speedo underneath. 

Whatever the official name is, I thought it was called "inner supporter" which, of course, is a rather interesting calling because women's shorts have it as well...  They don't have anything that needs to be "supported", do they?

Whatever the official name is, I thought it was called "inner supporter" which, of course, is a rather interesting calling because women's shorts have it as well...  They don't have anything that needs to be "supported", do they?

Be careful with this statement, Nobby, I hear an elite runner had issues with this which led to a very intense debate on these forums.