Comparative YTD Graph - is it possible ? (Read 132 times)

DetroitTigerFan

Hello- does anyone know if it's possible to show a comparative YTD mileage graph.

I'm thinking

• X axis - YTD mileage by year
    • Y axis - distance
    • range of dates,etc

I haven't been able to do it but wanted to see if anyone knows a trick to do this

thanks for any help !!

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

jeffdonahue

Cant you just set the X axis to Years and then the date range to the past 3 years or longer?

an amazing likeness

I read it as seeking a solution for current YTD vs. prior YTD -- same period.  So, year-over-year change. I can't think of a way to do this with existing graphing selections.  Exporting date ranges from workouts list to a spreadsheet looks to be a solution, but that does require some effort.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

DetroitTigerFan

thanks all for your thoughts

Jeffd - I can set a graph up as you propose but it will show full year data if I do it that way.  I would like something comparative - as example -  I ran so many miles last year through today March 2, 2017.  How many miles did I log last year through March 2, 2016

So basically, I think it would be cool to see as of any particular log in date, how many miles have been run YTD 2017 vs YTD 2016,etc

Haven't found a way to do it - anyone with ideas please let me know and thanks !

PS - I can and do this in excel and by downloading the data, but I like the idea of a nice visual on my training log

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Outside Lane

Are you a Finance or Sales guy?  This reminds me of financial status reports at work 😄

See how they run...

ScubaSteve

If you use Strava, you can use a site called veloviewer to get the info you are asking for.  I attached an image of mine.  You can click on today's date (or any date) and see your miles for that date for every year you have data.  Mine shows 197 this year, 147 as of  March 6 last year, 80 in 2015 and so on.  Viewing limited data of your past 15 runs is free, I paid $15 to get data like seen below.