2013 New York City Marathon Thread (Read 601 times)

TakeAHike

Apparently bib numbers will be available online next week.  NYRR did not say what day, but I will probably be checking every day.  I'm not sure that it really matters, but I still want to know.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

jfa

Let's  hope this stupid government shutdown gets resolved..Ft. Wadsworth is closed right now since it's a national park Sad

i was reading in the NY Daily News today that the NYRRC has contingency plans in place if Ft Wadsworth is still closed. It did not say what those plans were however.

More suspense and drama. Boy it's tough to run this one and we haven't even started.........

Docket_Rocket

I assume it will be open by then but I won't count on it.  I am on my second furlough week.  Bah.

Looking forward to the bib #s.  I'm sure I'm on Wave 3 because I had access to the last ferry times (8am and 815am).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Regarding the shutdown, from FB

Dear Marathoners,

Regardless of the federal government's status on race day, theING New York City Marathon will proceed and the starting location will not change. New York Road Runners (NYRR) is working closely with our city, state, and federal partners to establish contingency plans for our Fort Wadsworth staging area that will ensure a continued shutdown would not significantly impact the race.

We'll provide regular updates about this, so we can all plan for, and have, a great race day!

Julia1971

Apparently bib numbers will be available online next week.  NYRR did not say what day, but I will probably be checking every day.  I'm not sure that it really matters, but I still want to know.

I emailed them this morning because I'm having trouble with my NYRR page - sometimes it displays my race information, sometimes it doesn't.  (I swear, everything is going wrong for me right now.  LOL!)  Their reply indicated our bib number and wave information will be available on October 16th.

lagwagon

I emailed them this morning because I'm having trouble with my NYRR page - sometimes it displays my race information, sometimes it doesn't.  (I swear, everything is going wrong for me right now.  LOL!)  Their reply indicated our bib number and wave information will be available on October 16th.

Julia, fwiw I noticed the same thing on my NYRR page.  But thanks for the tip, I'll stop hitting refresh for a few days.

Three weeks from tomorrow, eh!  I've had another mixed week of training.  Last weekend I had a great progression run that I felt like I was flying through, and ended up turning it into a 18 mi run with 12 at MP.  It did hurt towards the end, but it was the end of a 70 mile week so it should.

Then at Tuesday's track workout, I pulled up with a tight hamstring one lap into my last 800.  So I got a good workout in, but the hamstring has continued to be iffy.  Its tight now but I got in a good GA run (instead of a planned tune up race) today without any issues.  Hopefully it continues to improve.  I'm having one tweak after another right now!

One more longish run tomorrow (might move to trails and slow down tomorrow) then I'll take Monday off and move into taper mode.  Just in time, my body needs the recovery.

I hope you're all doing well!  Time to get sharp!

Julia1971

I'm the newest resident of Tapertown!  I did a 22 miler this morning.  I did it as a dress rehearsal and got up at 4:45am (despite my neighbor's yipper dog barking all. night. long) and practiced what I plan to eat for breakfast.  It was a strong run - 3:03:04, which is a good indicator for being able to go sub-3:20.  But, the fueling didn't go well.  I felt really full even though I only had one gu.  Sad  I think I need to space them out more...  Ah, I'm so glad the worst is over.  Pfitz only has me running 70 miles this week.  Roll eyes

Lapwagon, I hope the hamstring is nothing serious.

Ran the LBI 18 Miler today..nice course and for $35, awesome race..although strong headwind almost the entire race..

Still waiting for my results to post on NYRR site from the Grete Gallop..countless emails and calls and still nothing..filled out the results form twice already..

Julia1971

Helpful email lady tricked me - we get our wave/corral information tomorrow!

I'm having flashbacks of last year and how I wasn't happy with where they placed me.  Fingers crossed for Wave 1...

Julia1971

Registration information is up!  (I figured out what I was doing wrong on the website).  I made Wave 1!  Yaaaay!  NYRR and I are friends again.

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Registration information is up!  (I figured out what I was doing wrong on the website).  I made Wave 1!  Yaaaay!  NYRR and I are friends again.

Where is it posted? I logged into my NYRR account and it shows me registered for the marathon, but there is no other information. How do I find my bib number?

Julia1971

Where is it posted? I logged into my NYRR account and it shows me registered for the marathon, but there is no other information. How do I find my bib number?

Once you're logged in, click on the "Registration" button from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.  (I was clicking on the ING Marathon link under my "Registered Races").

After you click on that, two option will appear under it: Races and Classes.  Click on "Races".

Your race information should come up.  Scroll down past the UPS Ship it Home information and there's a section called "Registration Form".  Click on the "Download your registration form" link and your registration should come up.

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Once you're logged in, click on the "Registration" button from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.  (I was clicking on the ING Marathon link under my "Registered Races").

After you click on that, two option will appear under it: Races and Classes.  Click on "Races".

Your race information should come up.  Scroll down past the UPS Ship it Home information and there's a section called "Registration Form".  Click on the "Download your registration form" link and your registration should come up.

Thanks, I found it! I'm in the second wave and happy about that and I'm in the Orange group which also makes me happy. I think that means that I will be running across the top level of the Verrazano Bridge. It's not a big deal, but last time I was in the Green group that crossed on the lower level.

Docket_Rocket

Found mine!  I'm green (below the bridge) this time, wave 3 (as I expected).  Very exciting!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BostonRnr

I'm in orange wave #2 also. I would be thrilled if this puts us on the top level of the bridge!

Thanks, I found it! I'm in the second wave and happy about that and I'm in the Orange group which also makes me happy. I think that means that I will be running across the top level of the Verrazano Bridge. It's not a big deal, but last time I was in the Green group that crossed on the lower level.