Zwift, anyone? (Read 203 times)

You can get all 4 seasons in one week here in eastern North Carolina. tomorrow it’s going to be 60* and Monday it’s going to be 70*

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think our forecast for Sunday is 40 and rain...we've had 50 degree swings in a week. That's always hard to plan around. We're about to experience that, again.

'19 Goals:

• Continue showing Cancer that it's not welcome back. Ever.

• Back to shooting for duathlon podium spots

• Improve power:weight ratio

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

brentnet

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I am avid Zwift runner. I do a majority of my running on a treadmill early morning (before work), during my lunch break, or late nights. I've run over 1,100 miles on Zwift since May. I'll highly recommend checking out the workouts - especially Monday Run Club and Workout Wednesday. Most of their weekend runs like Run in the Park are at times that don't really work for me. I've recently done a few running races on Zwift and found them really, really fun, as well. It's helped keep me motivated in my running.

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, I wonder how badly I could injure myself in a treadmill race!

I’m Z.oomy on Zwift.

'19 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

What I’ve done is bought horse stall mat at tractor supply company (fairly cheap). 4’x6’ solid rubber mat. Might be 100+ pounds per mat.  I found it to be more  rigid for the bike trainer.

Heh, and I'm contemplating a Zwift metric century, maybe next month or so.

To help with the trainer rigidity we put those puzzle-pieced squares of that sort of dense foam gym mat flooring stuff under our trainers. It really helps a lot.

2019 Goals:

#1: Do what I can do (250+ training days, 300+ aerobic hours).

#2: Race (Hurt the Dirt 1/2 marathon - 4/27, Grand Rapids Tri 70.3 - 6/9, MSU Gran Fondo - 6/22, ODRAM - 8/10, Michigan Titanium 70.3 - 8/18, Grand Rapids Marathon - 10/20)

Not on Zwift yet as far as the bike is concerned but I have rode on the dumb training two days in a row. 30 minutes yesterday and 35 today, trying to ease my way into and not push hard since I’m running 6 days a week training for a HM. Probably ride again on Sunday.

If you don’t mind me asking, how are you connecting to Zwift?

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I am avid Zwift runner. I do a majority of my running on a treadmill early morning (before work), during my lunch break, or late nights. I've run over 1,100 miles on Zwift since May. I'll highly recommend checking out the workouts - especially Monday Run Club and Workout Wednesday. Most of their weekend runs like Run in the Park are at times that don't really work for me. I've recently done a few running races on Zwift and found them really, really fun, as well. It's helped keep me motivated in my running.

Why can I only think of a floor mopping product when I see this thread?

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
                  - Mark Twain

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Why can I only think of a floor mopping product when I see this thread?

Swiffering while Zwifting would be an interesting activity! How to log that...? Tongue

'19 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

Swiffering while Zwifting would be an interesting activity! How to log that...? Tongue

That would be a whole body workout!!

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true. - Mr. Spock, Star Trek episode "Amok Time"

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It might remove the cat footprints from the treadmill belt, at least!

'19 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

I just got a zwift footpod and now I have to figure everything out.

One quick learning that disappoints me -- you have to use your phone to connect to a windows PC?  That's pretty silly.

I also wish there was a way to directly connect to a smart tv.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I use an iPad on the treadmill with iPhone for the companion app. No smart TV setup, but people do run it on AppleTV. I think it has to be a newer 4K model. For the bike we have a dedicated computer in the basement that I use (with iPad as companion app device). DH had been using that for a couple of years. Now he’s running his work laptop through our basement TV.

It can be pricey to get set-up, particularly for the bike, but it’s a bargain compared to Peloton or a gym membership!

'19 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

It can be pricey to get set-up, particularly for the bike, but it’s a bargain compared to Peloton or a gym membership!

Given I won't be biking, I guess I am all set at this point. Just gotta figure out the logistics.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Given I won't be biking, I guess I am all set at this point. Just gotta figure out the logistics.

It kind of made my head hurt, at first. The run options are a lot more straightforward. Someday when smart trainers come down in price and offer incline AND decline, I’d love that. For now I manually adjust incline and save downhill runs for outdoors.

'19 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay