Zwift, anyone? (Read 224 times)

You can get all 4 seasons in one week here in eastern North Carolina. tomorrow it’s going to be 60* and Monday it’s going to be 70*

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think our forecast for Sunday is 40 and rain...we've had 50 degree swings in a week. That's always hard to plan around. We're about to experience that, again.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

brentnet

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I am avid Zwift runner. I do a majority of my running on a treadmill early morning (before work), during my lunch break, or late nights. I've run over 1,100 miles on Zwift since May. I'll highly recommend checking out the workouts - especially Monday Run Club and Workout Wednesday. Most of their weekend runs like Run in the Park are at times that don't really work for me. I've recently done a few running races on Zwift and found them really, really fun, as well. It's helped keep me motivated in my running.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, I wonder how badly I could injure myself in a treadmill race!

I’m Z.oomy on Zwift.

~ Sarah Kay

What I’ve done is bought horse stall mat at tractor supply company (fairly cheap). 4’x6’ solid rubber mat. Might be 100+ pounds per mat.  I found it to be more  rigid for the bike trainer.

Heh, and I'm contemplating a Zwift metric century, maybe next month or so.

To help with the trainer rigidity we put those puzzle-pieced squares of that sort of dense foam gym mat flooring stuff under our trainers. It really helps a lot.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Not on Zwift yet as far as the bike is concerned but I have rode on the dumb training two days in a row. 30 minutes yesterday and 35 today, trying to ease my way into and not push hard since I’m running 6 days a week training for a HM. Probably ride again on Sunday.

If you don’t mind me asking, how are you connecting to Zwift?

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I am avid Zwift runner. I do a majority of my running on a treadmill early morning (before work), during my lunch break, or late nights. I've run over 1,100 miles on Zwift since May. I'll highly recommend checking out the workouts - especially Monday Run Club and Workout Wednesday. Most of their weekend runs like Run in the Park are at times that don't really work for me. I've recently done a few running races on Zwift and found them really, really fun, as well. It's helped keep me motivated in my running.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Why can I only think of a floor mopping product when I see this thread?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Why can I only think of a floor mopping product when I see this thread?

Swiffering while Zwifting would be an interesting activity! How to log that...? Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Swiffering while Zwifting would be an interesting activity! How to log that...? Tongue

That would be a whole body workout!!

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It might remove the cat footprints from the treadmill belt, at least!

~ Sarah Kay

HermosaBoy

I just got a zwift footpod and now I have to figure everything out.

One quick learning that disappoints me -- you have to use your phone to connect to a windows PC?  That's pretty silly.

I also wish there was a way to directly connect to a smart tv.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I use an iPad on the treadmill with iPhone for the companion app. No smart TV setup, but people do run it on AppleTV. I think it has to be a newer 4K model. For the bike we have a dedicated computer in the basement that I use (with iPad as companion app device). DH had been using that for a couple of years. Now he’s running his work laptop through our basement TV.

It can be pricey to get set-up, particularly for the bike, but it’s a bargain compared to Peloton or a gym membership!

~ Sarah Kay

HermosaBoy

It can be pricey to get set-up, particularly for the bike, but it’s a bargain compared to Peloton or a gym membership!

Given I won't be biking, I guess I am all set at this point. Just gotta figure out the logistics.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Given I won't be biking, I guess I am all set at this point. Just gotta figure out the logistics.

It kind of made my head hurt, at first. The run options are a lot more straightforward. Someday when smart trainers come down in price and offer incline AND decline, I’d love that. For now I manually adjust incline and save downhill runs for outdoors.

~ Sarah Kay