Zwift, anyone? (Read 224 times)

HermosaBoy

Have tried > 10 times to get the footpod to calibrate with my treadmill and it errors out every time.

Sometimes it goes through 25 seconds of the 40 and tells me to speed up??? Other times, I have gotten to step 5 and then all of a sudden it errors out and tells me to start over.

Very frustrating -- any suggestions?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wish I could help. I've been using the Scosche Rhythm 24, which works for speed, cadence, and HR. It's a pretty sweet solution. I use it for HR on the bike, too, and haven't had so much as a flicker of trouble. We just picked-up one for our DS, so that he can get started on Zwift.

I've heard some glowing reviews of the Stryd footpod, too, if you only need footpod.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Have tried > 10 times to get the footpod to calibrate with my treadmill and it errors out every time.

Sometimes it goes through 25 seconds of the 40 and tells me to speed up??? Other times, I have gotten to step 5 and then all of a sudden it errors out and tells me to start over.

Very frustrating -- any suggestions?

have you tried contacting zwift and see if they could help you? i have been thinking about getting a zwift footpod myself so i would be interested in what you find out. i use a garmin footpod but i can't connect to zwift because it is ant+ and not ble.

HermosaBoy

have you tried contacting zwift and see if they could help you? i have been thinking about getting a zwift footpod myself so i would be interested in what you find out. i use a garmin footpod but i can't connect to zwift because it is ant+ and not ble.

Sent email to Zwift today.

I also have a garmin footpod , but from what I could see you would have to create some kind of bridge to get it to work. Thought the zwift footpod would be easier...

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, the Ant+ pods would likely be a PITA. DH has had some issues with Ant+ signal drop. Bluetooth has been trouble-free.

~ Sarah Kay

Sent email to Zwift today.

I also have a garmin footpod , but from what I could see you would have to create some kind of bridge to get it to work. Thought the zwift footpod would be easier...

are you trying to calibrate it to match the numbers on your treadmill?

HermosaBoy

are you trying to calibrate it to match the numbers on your treadmill?

Yes --  I am following the instructions that they give to calibrate.

1. From Paired Devices, I click on the wrench

2. I set my running speed at 7.0 on Zwift and start running that speed on the treadmill

3. When up to speed, I click next and it begins tracking -- says for 40 seconds

4. Just before the 40 seconds is up it says to speed up (even though I have been running the same pace*)

5. Then it errors out and says to try again.

* A few times I have tried speeding up, but it doesn't do any good.

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So you haven’t finished the initial speed for 40 seconds, then had it instruct you to do both slower and faster speeds for 30-40 seconds, each? That does sound suspiciously like a footpod issue.

~ Sarah Kay

HermosaBoy

So you haven’t finished the initial speed for 40 seconds, then had it instruct you to do both slower and faster speeds for 30-40 seconds, each? That does sound suspiciously like a footpod issue.

A couple of times I have gotten to the Faster and Slower speeds for 30-40 seconds each. But then the same thing happens.

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that's frustrating. There is a Zwift run group on FB that might be helpful for trouble-shooting with this specific footpod. I'm in the cycling group and the women's general group. There's a lot of helpful equipment trouble-shooting and known-issues sharing that goes on in these groups.

~ Sarah Kay

HermosaBoy

Oh, that's frustrating. There is a Zwift run group on FB that might be helpful for trouble-shooting with this specific footpod. I'm in the cycling group and the women's general group. There's a lot of helpful equipment trouble-shooting and known-issues sharing that goes on in these groups.

I will give the group a shot.

I just tried again (four times).

Three times I got through 40 seconds at 7.0, 40 seconds at 6.1 and then most of the 40 seconds at 7.9 before it gave me an error.

The other time it gave me an error during the first 40 seconds.

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's when I'd put on my stompin' boots and smash the dumb footpod! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

HermosaBoy

That's when I'd put on my stompin' boots and smash the dumb footpod! Tongue

Very tempting, but then I would be out $30...

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, monetary investment has stopped me from a lot of destruction, over the years. 9 times out of 10 it’s technology related, too.

~ Sarah Kay

You would think it would come already calibrated, I wouldn’t want my footpod calibrated to my treadmill because treadmills are notorious for being inaccurate. But I am notorious for being inaccurate in my thinking also, so I will just sit back and try to learn from your situation. I hope you are able to get it figured out, for that kind of money it should be plug and play for the consumer.