Zwift, anyone? (Read 224 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I’m lucky that my TM seems reasonably close (and it was free and not fancy). I’ve calibrated to match a GPS calibrated Apple Watch.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HermosaBoy

Got some suggestions from the facebook group -- this was a pretty good list:

https://forums.zwift.com/t/tips-on-getting-zwift-runpod-working/21120

We will see if they help...

There are some interesting metrics on the milestone app...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

HermosaBoy

After downloading the milestone app, updating the firmware -- I was able to successfully calibrate the footpod.

Did an easy run and got a glimpse at how it works. Need to explore more.

Also, need to remember how to project to my TV. Viewing on my phone was no bueno...

Rob

I have an iPhone and a vizio tv, I bought an adapter from target that is hdmi on one end and lightning on the other so I could connect my iPhone to my tv when running Zwift and using my treadmill.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay! I find it SO much easier to run on the treadmill with Zwift. 6 miles is no biggie. Prior to that...I would struggle to do more than 2, regardless choice of entertainment. My son is finding the same to be true. His first Zwift run was last night and he went for 4 miles. He hasn't run 4 miles in any capacity since around Halloween.

Also, need to remember how to project to my TV. Viewing on my phone was no bueno...

Ha, I can't even imagine trying to do that! I already feel sorta sorry for my kid, who will be doing the rides on our iPad. The iPad is pretty decent for on the treadmill, but I think would suck for the bike. The iPad is really nicer for use with the companion app while riding. Maybe in the future we'll get a newer Apple TV in the basement, then he can use that as his computer. A smart trainer for him is probably a bigger priority.

~ Sarah Kay

HermosaBoy

Used my laptop/tablet to do an 8 mile run last night. Kind of felt like I was a video game character.

Lots of nuances that I will have to figure out, but it did help to kill some time.

Rob

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am starting to enjoy Zwift a little more these days now that I've found the sweet spot for the rise on my front wheel.  I can pedal for a longer time without getting off and my watts have increased.  So...yay!

I wish I could use it on the treadmill too, but I don't have a treadmill at home and my iPad is too old for the app to work, so I would have to use it on my phone when on the treadmill in my apartment's exercise room, which seems pretty pointless.  I also don't find the TM as boring as some of you!

Running is dumb.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Used my laptop/tablet to do an 8 mile run last night. Kind of felt like I was a video game character.

Lots of nuances that I will have to figure out, but it did help to kill some time.

My kid is a gamer...and I never understood why. Now I kinda do.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mandy, I still have to have my front wheel pretty high. Mostly because my seatpost doesn’t play nice with my SMP saddle. I’m looking at new seatposts, since my current setup is making it tough to soft-pedal on days when I need to go easy.

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday by pedaling my age — 46 miles. There’s no way in Hell I would have done more than 30, pre-Zwift. And the last 10 would have made me hate life.

~ Sarah Kay

lindasaffell

Fighting senescence

Hi, Popping in here to ask whether anyone tried something called BitGym? It looks sort of promising to me, although I found I'll have to tweak it some for my TM workouts.  My TM is really old, and the book shelf doesn't let me aim the camera on any of our devices properly to let it see me.  I think the app will also let you simply specify a speed and it will progress scenery at that set rate.  I didn't try that out at all.  Just curious.

Happy Garmin newbie

Renewing my interest in running, sloooowly

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I’ve never heard of this, but some of that scenery could be really cool. Lately I’d love some sunny beach scenery to distract from what’s out my window!

~ Sarah Kay

i tried the free version of bitgym and it lost me shortly after i started my run so i didn't try it anymore, i guess i didn't have a good camera angle for running but it was good for walking.

lindasaffell

Fighting senescence

i tried the free version of bitgym and it lost me shortly after i started my run so i didn't try it anymore, i guess i didn't have a good camera angle for running but it was good for walking.

Same!  But I think that I might give it another try soon.  It needs front lighting, and that's another problem.  Our TM faces away from the light.  But yes, the scenery sure looked great on a cloudy, rainy day.

Happy Garmin newbie

Renewing my interest in running, sloooowly