Tried to pay for a subscription... (Read 2113 times)

eric :)

wickedlady,

For some reason, PayPal did not confirm the transaction with RA.  Since it was obviously completed, I credited your account.  The ads should be disabled now.

eric Smile

wickedlady

it worked! Thanks!! Smile

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Did you update my subscription?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Did you update my subscription?

It's updated.  Thanks!

DaKine

It seems paypay used to be an option, but I'm not seeing it now. I tried both Firefox and IE. Is there another link (other than https://www.runningahead.com/options/subscription) to use in order to pay with paypal?

Hi DaKine,

I switched to direct credit card processing over a year ago because the API provided by PayPal was difficult to use and maintain.  I also learned afterward that PayPal caused over 40% abandon carts.  Is there a particular reason you prefer PayPal?  If security is the reason, RA does not store your financial info.  In fact, the credit card data is not even sent to RA.  Instead, the transaction is done directly with the credit card processor.

eric Smile

DaKine

I would pay for a subscription if RA accepted PayPal. Another option is Amazon's payment service. I suspect they might be trying harder as I recently came across another site that supports them. Another great way to avoid spraying your CC info further across the web.

kilkee

runktrun

no worries, bro, I paid for ya.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

MJeffery

Hi DaKine,

I switched to direct credit card processing over a year ago because the API provided by PayPal was difficult to use and maintain.  I also learned afterward that PayPal caused over 40% abandon carts.  Is there a particular reason you prefer PayPal?  If security is the reason, RA does not store your financial info.  In fact, the credit card data is not even sent to RA.  Instead, the transaction is done directly with the credit card processor.

eric Smile

So that means we will not be billed annually?

runmichigan

So that means we will not be billed annually?

No you will not be billed.  Once your subscription expires the ads will pop back up.  It is up to you to take action and pay for a new subscription.

BeeRunB

x

I also think there should be a section in the FAQ explaining the details of account deletion, and that one can't self-delete one's account or one's posts with a click of a delete button, so people know what they're getting into before signing up. In this age of social media when people can self-delete their posts and accounts, it might come as a surprise to some after signing up that one can't do that here without a lot of work (e.g. finding all your posts and replacing what you wrote with the word DELETED).

Asking for a friend?

Runners run

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Eric, perhaps, there should be a detailed section about payments and subscriptions in the FAQ. When it comes to payments on the web, the more upfront with the details of how things work, and making sure there are no holes people can fall into in terms of comprehending the process, the better. I also think there should be a section in the FAQ explaining the details of account deletion, and that one can't self-delete one's account or one's posts with a click of a delete button, so people know what they're getting into before signing up. In this age of social media when people can self-delete their posts and accounts, it might come as a surprise to some after signing up that one can't do that here without a lot of work (e.g. finding all your posts and replacing what you wrote with the word DELETED).

I can tell you that adding a section to the FAQ about not deleting posts will do no good at all. I'm a moderator on a college website and we get many, many requests every day to delete posts.  When we point out that the site's policy is available by clicking on a link that is on every single page, they just get annoyed.  So this is not the only site that doesn't allow deletions.

BeeRunB

x

an amazing likeness

x

Disappointing to see you're pulling back your posts, you had some valid concerns and insights.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.