Garmin FR 305 Import (Read 774 times)

Having a small problem with trying to do a direct import. I have a Garmin FR 50 and a FR 305. I am trying to import data from the 305. The "Ant" unit for the FR 50 is NOT in a USB plug. The Garmin FR 350 is in the cradle and showing as "charging". I just imported data from the FR305 into GTC so the connection should be okay. When I try to "connect" from RA I get a "multiple devices detected" and it will go no further. If I remove the FR305 from the cradle it will read the data from the FR50--- which should be impossible since with no device hooked up to the computer for it, it cannot be reading the unit. No way for it to wirelessly get the data from the FR50 without the ANT unit plugged in ... yet it does perform an import. It is reading from the GTC log? So how do I get it to recognize the FR 305 so I can do an import? But then if I need to how do I get it to read the FR50 again? (On those days I have to do a treadmill run.)
    wyerock

Someone else had a similar problem with the 405. It was putting workouts in the upload queue for the Garmin Training Center. You might try using the Garmin software to upload everything from the FR 50 to clear out the queue. If you check the 405 thread, they listed the directory that held all the files awaiting upload. You might remove the files from that directory.
        Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Read the 405 thread. Tried a few things. 1) Updated the Garmin Communicator software did not help. It did point out there was a memory stick attached. Removed it leaving only the 305 on the cradle. (Communicator was about two minor revisions old.) 2) Found the Garmin folder referenced. Renamed it to "OLD Garmin" and it let me do the import okay. Have to figure out exactly what files in it are the problem. It did create a new Garmin folder but it was empty except for one sub directory which was empty. Maybe it is the "tile" files. Might just move them next time. I am not sure if removing it entirely will then make the FR 50 quit working. MTA Just tried the other idea uploading the data from the FR 50 hoping it would clean out the queue ... I had already done that and now it comes back with a "No new data". After undoing the directory name change I am back to getting the Multiple Devices Found error. If I take the 305 off the cradle it goes right to the 50 again.... seems like maybe a device selector like GTC has would be a neat solution here. ie List the multiple devices found and allow user to pick the one they wish to use.
        eric :)

JoeJammer, I'll add a drop down so you can select which device you want to upload from. It may take a couple of days because I'm in the middle of something else right now. eric Smile
            Posts that cross.... #4,103,787 Great Idea Thanks Eric!
            EdenAurora

I wanted to add that Mac users might encounter a problem with multiple devices due to a conflict with their iDisk. I couldn't figure out why I was getting the multiple device issue when I only have a FR 305. When I logged into Motion Based it would show another device which turned out to be my iDisk (set up to sync automatically). I disabled auto syncing on my iDisk and now it only shows my FR 305. HTH someone. Big grin