19 wks pregnant and 400 miles! - UPDATE- 875 miles during pregnancy (Read 2934 times)

Is this your first baby?

This will be my second little midget but I didn't run during the 1st pregnancy. I didn't get hooked until my first one drove me batshitcrazy and I realized running was a great stress reliever.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I fly.

Congrats.  I ran during both of my pregnancies - although with my second I was forced onto the elliptical by my doc after 6 months...   

Good luck keeping it up! 

Bring it on.

Congrats Smile  Now, let's just hope your uterus doesn't fall out while running...

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

I just hit the 5 month mark and I also hit 500 miles on foot and a little over 200 on my bike! I plan on sticking with it as long as possible but the heat is slowing me down so I may be biking more. I joke that I'm growing a triathlete - we run and bike while she swims!

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Needs more cowbell!

I just hit the 5 month mark and I also hit 500 miles on foot and a little over 200 on my bike! I plan on sticking with it as long as possible but the heat is slowing me down so I may be biking more. I joke that I'm growing a triathlete - we run and bike while she swims!

Very cool!  Happy to hear that things continue to go well.  Hope the Summer is not particularly hot.  I avoided heat issues during later pregnancy by getting knocked-up in May and delivering in Feb. Big grin

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Good job kunland.  Very impressive. 

Great job Kunland!!  Keep it up!  Have you started wearing the 'yes I asked my doctor' shirt yet?

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

Great job Kunland!!  Keep it up!  Have you started wearing the 'yes I asked my doctor' shirt yet?

Not yet - I've been too lazy to actually make it! It's been so flipping hot the past two days (95 degrees) that I've just been going all Nat-Geo style and letting my big pregnant belly hang out while I run in my doubled up sports bras. Hey, if you got it (belly) - flaunt it! Shocked

Candice.

Dude.

Quit talking about me out here in the GSP.

Pregnant lady - Congrats!! Smile

How do you keep your feet on the ground, when you know you were born to fly?

Just a girl who runs.

Queen of 3rd Place

Not yet - I've been too lazy to actually make it! It's been so flipping hot the past two days (95 degrees) that I've just been going all Nat-Geo style and letting my big pregnant hang out while I run in my doubled up sports bras. Hey, if you got it (belly) - flaunt it! Shocked

That is awesome.

2013 Valley Runner of the Year Series: Feb 16 5K (4 points out of 10) ... Mar 2 10K (20/30)... Mar 16 4Mi (21/30) ... Apr 6 10K (DNS) ... Apr 21 2Mi (5/10) ... May 11 5Mi (21/30)... Jun 8 1Mi (13/20) ... Jun 16 6Mi (22/30) ... Sep 28 10K (14/20) ... Oct 5 5K (7/10) ...Oct 12 5Mi (16/20) ... Oct 20 5K (0/10) = 3rd Place, Women's Senior Division

murphbaley

That is awesome: "letting my big pregnant hang out while I run in my doubled up sports bras"

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and plan on trying that this coming week. Running at 6am without a toddler in a joggy stroller helps too!

That is awesome: "letting my big pregnant hang out while I run in my doubled up sports bras"

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and plan on trying that this coming week. Running at 6am without a toddler in a joggy stroller helps too!

I did another Nat Geo style run today with my big ol' belly hanging out. I'm 6 months now so I'm much larger now. I figure if people want to stare, they can look all they want. Plus, it kind of makes me feel like a bad ass mother runner! Big grin

Am I doing this right?

I did another Nat Geo style run today with my big ol' belly hanging out. I'm 6 months now so I'm much larger now. I figure if people want to stare, they can look all they want. Plus, it kind of makes me feel like a bad ass mother runner! Big grin

+1

You would get a honk and a holler from me.  Keep up the good work.

No excuses....

I look my best blurry!

I am so impressed! You are going to bounce back so quickly after you deliver! I bet you feel better than the average pregnant mom now too. I want to see a running picture of you! I bet you look incredible!

bad ass mother runner! Big grin

<honk>  <holler>  Big grin

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.