OrangeTheory Fitness anyone? (Read 203 times)

cher100

Just wandering if anyone has tried out OrangeTheory Fitness and has incorporated their workouts into your overall running routine?  If so, has it helped you in terms of strength and speed?

bmill11

MIles of Smiles - 2021

Over the past 3 winters I have used Orange Theory.  I do believe it's helped with strength, stamina & speed.

I enjoy the mix of free weights, rowing & treadmill.  The variety is great.  I've probably had 50 sessions and never repeated the same work-out.

You should be able to get a free 1st visit.  Try it & you'll probably like it.

cher100

Thanks very much! Yes I have heard about the one free visit. One more question for you -   Once you decide to sign up, do you have to purchase one of their heart rate monitors or do they let you borrow them at each visit?

bmill11

MIles of Smiles - 2021

I can't answer that since I choose not to use a monitor during the workouts.

Docket_Rocket

I have been going to OTF for a bit over a year and I go there once or twice a week.  I think it helps a lot with my speed and strength.  It helps me do some workouts I normally do not do while marathon training and they are short enough to allow me to do them during marathon training.

I love how they vary the workouts so you don't get the same all the time.

I think they might let you borrow one but once you are interested in the class, might as well buy one of the HRMs to not worry about it during every class.  Mine has been the same one since I started (on the arm, as I hate the HR chest strap) and that and the wrist optical ones worked great.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

cher100

I just wanted to post an update...I ended up joining OTF end of July.  I have been going generally twice a week (sometimes just once).  I have already noticed an improvement in my strength and speed. I just completed a 10k race on Sunday, finishing in 51.27. This was a big deal for me!! My last 10k race finishing time (in the spring) was 54.30.  I see this as a big improvement because my 10k time was stubbornly stuck in the 54-55 min range for the longest time!  Anyway, really loving the OTF workouts which seem to compliment my regular running schedule quite well.  Thanks everyone for your input!

bmill11

MIles of Smiles - 2021

That's awesome!

Glad to hear that you're enjoying OTF & realizing the benefits.

I'm getting ready to sign up again for the winter.