305 deals? (Read 726 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My Forerunner 305 crumped today. Anybody know of anywhere they are on sale?
      Isn't that a good excuse to buy a 310? Big grin
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I don't like it. It is big and bulky, more so than the 305.
          Interesting. They looked smaller in the photos. I wonder if I'll ever buy a garmin. Everytime I convince myself to get one, someone says something like they use if for a few runs and then ditch it. I end up changing my mind and sticking with my timex and mapping on runningAhead. I imagine that the cost of the older models will be coming down soon.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I use my 305 for nearly every run, primarily to keep track of distance and time on routes I don't know, and then to make logging a hair easier the rest of the time (now that RA has GPS import). The 310 pics are meant to make it look good. I was kinda psyched about it. Until I held one. Oh well.
            kcam

Bonnie - I use my 305 every run, unless I forget it. Ironically, I use it to keep me from going to fast on my easy days. I find it to free me from going a 'std' route, I just take off and go a different loop or add something on to my old loop and not worry about the distance. I pretty much only wear the HR nowadays for races. I like to geek out on the data. $171 at Amazon?
                whaddya mean, crumped? warranty? contact the company, maybe? can't help ya w/ replacing. i had to though, when i lost me first one. didn't regret it at all. (un) relatedly, can you buy hop seeds & grow vines? mta for the un.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

2 1/2 years old, out of warranty. The screen is blank, the computer won't recognize it and it does nothing with any button press or reset attempt.

Dave

Garmin will repair it for $99. Nothing cheaper out there I don't think. Send it to them out of warranty. They'll ship you another one.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

2 1/2 years old, out of warranty. The screen is blank, the computer won't recognize it and it does nothing with any button press or reset attempt.
                      There is a three button trick to use when it freezes up, that I can't remember and saw on the internet, and worked for me at least twice (well, 205, but same thing I guess). So if you haven't tried that... Maybe power+mode+something. Really can't remember tho.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks AP. I owe you a beer. I tried to reset, but I reset wrong... http://blog.fogcar.com/forerunner-205305-tips-and-tricks/ The CORRECT reset worked. Big grin Big grin Big grin

Beginner all over again

Was $169 Now is $171 BuyDig here same link is below http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?omid=103&ref=froogle&utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GRFR305&sku=GRFR305

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Trent, Excellent news -- the cheap bastard in me loves a solution like this (make the existing one work instead of buying another) Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Still need a deal?
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey