Sub 30 5k!! (Read 967 times)

I went out for a short recovery run tonight and for the first time in 3 years, ran 5k in 29:35! Big grin Woo hoo! The coolest thing was that I have a Nike+ ipod setup and Paula Radcliffe came on to give me congratulations on my new Personal Best! Gotta love Nike... Smile I've been running seriously since January with lots of extra miles and some very long runs. Thanks to everyone who answered the question that is posed so many times on these boards...."How can I run faster?" Cool Ruth

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Congrats on this milestone -- Big grin -- Breaking 30 is a nice step - you should be proud ----- but now I suppose its on to breaking 29 mins now.... Great Job....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Good on ya! Congrats on the milestone.
        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
          Congratulations Ruth breaking 30 on a "Recovery" run. You're alot faster than you know Wink

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Nursing student running

That's fantastic! I just ran my 4th 5k this sunday and have shaved a few seconds off too. I came in at 30.20 Any tips on how you increased your speed? I still feel soooo slow. Confused
            Goals: 08-09' Buy 2 really good bras. Do NOT fall off the running wagon this school year. Run the Turkey Day 5k. Get upto 20 mpw by New Years. Run 10k Triathalon Half Marathon by next summer. Get into some skinny jeans! (all while eating chocolate.)
            JakeKnight

Get yourself to a race. You have a PR at least two PR's that need slaughtering. Your training looks outstanding, by the way.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

A Saucy Wench

awesome!!!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jake's right, your log looks great. Good luck at Saturday night's race!

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.