Data Execution Prevention (Read 626 times)

HI Eric,

Maybe every 5th or 6th time I upload a run from my Garmin firefox crashes as I'm trying to save (and add details to) the run.  It comes up with a "close the program" or "search online for a solution" question. Then Vista says something about hte program being closed by the Data Execution Prevention program.

I'm running Vista with SP2, Firefox 3.0.13 and have a FR405CX.

Hope you can help?

eric :)

Mandy,

There is nothing that RA would and could do to crash web browsers.  It is not a statement of my programming abilities.  Websites, no matter how malicious, should not be able to crash a browser.

The closest thing I can think of that might do this is the Garmin Communicator plugin.  I am not aware of anyone else with this problem.  The problem is with either Firefix or one of the plugins that you have installed.  I recommend you disable the plugins installed and see if that changes anything.  You can do that by going to Tools -> Plugins.

eric :-)

I noticed i have better luck updating GPS uploads with the garmin unit off.  Maybe coincidence but seems the more times when load froze is when I had the garmin display on prior to upload.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

thanks eric.  i've disabled the garmin plugin and will see how it goes.

one thing i noticed yesterday (when it crashed again) which was different to normal uploads was that the ANT+ application was running in the foreground instead of as normal just in the background.  i'm not sure if thats been the case before - i'll test that though.

buckeye - i have a 405cx which doesn't "switch off" as such - it just goes back to being a watch once its finished uploading.

eric :)

MandyS,

Remember that while the plugin is disabled, you won't be able to upload to RA.  We're displaying the plugins to find the culprit.

eric :-)

oh - well in that case how can i test to see if thats the culprit?  if i can't upload then i can't find out if it crashes straight after upload or not!

maybe i'll just have to put up with it crashing Sad