Hat for sun protection? (Read 150 times)

Nana_

getting sunny and hot out there

which running hats are available for fair-skinned folks for sun protection?

thank you!

edit: I meant to ask for personal experience or even if you know of someone who owns a sun-shielding hat or saw a hat on a trail, etc.

getting sunny and hot out tere

which running hats are available for fair-skinned folks for sun protection?

thank you!

I can't relate to this post. We had snow on the ground this morning, and a balmy 24F.

But, to help you out: http://bit.ly/P33IXU

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I imagine this could provide some good shade.  It would also relieve you of that cumbersome fuel belt.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

an amazing likeness

Hats get lost, easily...

Sometimes you want a hat with a lot of ventilation, sometimes with less...

You may want that riding-a-camel-through-the-desert flap on the back to protect your neck and ears one, and not the next..

Having a mix of three or four different $7 el-cheapo hats on hand is a good approach.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Protection from falling objects, too.

I imagine this could provide some good shade.  It would also relieve you of that cumbersome fuel belt.

There are also hats that are bug repellent.  I have one of those I use for trail runs so I don't have to put deet on my head.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like the UV Buffs.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Nana_

Very helpful so far :-)

Anyone else have any experience?

Know a friend who wears some kind of running hat for sunshield sun protection?

Thank you!

Walk-Jogger

I bought this Talson UV Flapcap early last year after having a skin cancer removed from my left ear in January. I used it on the several occasions when I was running or hanging out waiting for other runners for hours in full sun, and I like it. I was able to spend an entire bright sunny day at higher altitudes running and riding in the back of a pickup during a July ultra-relay last summer and didn't get sunburned on my face, ears or neck.

Retired &  Loving It

Imminent Catastrophe

Headsweats. Wore it all day at Tahoe 100, it worked great! As a bonus, you can wet it down and it acts as a great head/neck chiller.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

flatland mountaineer

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Hobby Jogger Especial!

I second Headsweats. Their race hats are very light and airy.

http://www.headsweats.com/grid-race-hat-white/