What about this philosophy? (Read 1194 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Eat right. Exercise. Die anyway. Shocked

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Define right. Define Exercise. Define Anyway.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I run because I want to be in good health when I die. Yes

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Tracie

Oh no! Here we go again! Wink run all you can as long as you can while you can.
          theyapper

On the road again...

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

My evil sciency plan revealed:

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Define Define. (I think I remember this song...)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

To train with long continuous runs for a given distance at an even pace or to run the same distance at varying speeds? Big grin http://magstraining.tripod.com/Learning_From_The_Past.html#How_I_go_about_analyzing_training_from
                  Ernst Van Aaken looks at the same training done by Zatopek and claims that the repetitions were run at slow paces with the jogs being slow rest periods. He uses Zatopek's training to back up his own idea that running slow mileage with rest stops is the way to train.
                  If I walk fast for the same distance, 6-7 miles, at 11 minute per mile pace, I feel stronger with each passing day. By running at the same 11 mpm continuous pace every day I feel good on the second day but begin to become slightly weaker after the third, fourth, fifth day... Perhaps if I run 1/2 mile repeats at 8 minute pace with 11 minute per mile walking breaks for 1/6 mile I can cover a longer distance every day without getting tired out... I shall give a try for 10 miles per day this week Big grin I might even begin to put posts the running log but then I must deal with the performance anxiety. I simply refuse to be driven to drinking beer due to the extreme stress of keeping a public log... Blush

Dave

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. Big grin
                    Me either. And I didn't even have the common decency to throw in a Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Menace to Sobriety

There are lots of things worse than dying.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

If you find a way to get out of this alive, let me know. I'll invest. Evil grin
                          You either die satisfied and content; or you die fat and ugly and miserable. i thought this was a running message board. Why those who don't even want to run post crap here?
                            Since food are atoms and molecules in the universe, you might want to consider yourself a dump truck taking atoms from one place and dumping them in another place after your body chemically decomposes them into waste. So in essence, you not even alive at all anyhow and are just a bond of chemicals moving around at a 10 minute pace, how is this any different than a planet spinning around in orbit. You shouldn't be so negative because it won't matter in a million year whether you were or weren't a good runner!
                            Go Daddy

I run in the morning most days. Is it OK to: Exercise. Eat Right and then Die? It would be nicer to go after a workout on a full stomach. Is there independent (non-sponsored) research to validate that the dying part needs to occur after eating and exercise? I seem to recall that most people who die in their sleep do so after midnight and before dawn. This would technically place "Die anyway" at the beginning of the sequence...which would cause somewhat of a paradigm break since the subsequent activities could not take place after the first.
                              JakeKnight

Since food are atoms and molecules in the universe, you might want to consider yourself a dump truck taking atoms from one place and dumping them in another place after your body chemically decomposes them into waste. So in essence, you not even alive at all anyhow and are just a bond of chemicals moving around at a 10 minute pace, how is this any different than a planet spinning around in orbit. You shouldn't be so negative because it won't matter in a million year whether you were or weren't a good runner!
                                I'm trying to decide if that was depressingly bleak or rib-crackingly funny. Can it be both? And do we have to run 10:00 pace? Is there a dump truck schedule involved here?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------