Looking for South America Running Adventure (Read 340 times)

I will be in Chile over the holidays and am looking to put some kind of running adventure together in the Andes region. I have looked at the agencies and haven’t found anything that works with my dates. I was thinking about something similar to what is offered through Andes Adventures (adventure run through Peru, Argentina, Chile, etc). They offer numerous different packages but most of them are extended trips of 18 days and I would like to do a 7-10 day adventure. Since there are no packages available with my dates (12/27-1/4), I am looking for a guide or possibly someone who has ran the in the Andes before. Please let me know if you have any contacts or know of anyone who has interest. http://www.andesadventures.com/runAndeanTrianglesum.htm
    seeEricaRun

Awesome

I was there in June - running would be TOUGH! I had a hard time just walking around. I imagine that they are long because you need some time to adjust to the altitude - I adapted to it okay, but I still got a little headachy, tired and easily winded. I could feel the difference when I came down closer to sea level. And yes, the coca tea does help. The tour agencies there are pretty accommodating and it's MUCH easier (and cheaper) to book what you need when you're down there. I would try calling, emailing or even IMing a few. There is a well-known agency in Arequipa (relatively low in altitude) that is highly recommended in the Lonely Planet (I have no idea where mine is, sorry) that you could try. They specialize more in the nearby Canyons than the Andes though. It's also incredibly easy to find a guide while you're there, but I've not really heard of one for running.
        Thanks for the advice. Maybe I will just try to put something together when I am there. Sounds more exciting that way. Smile