running shoe advice for mixed pronation (Read 63 times)

iamrahul1972

please help me choose the right running shoes for mixed pronation? please refer to the detailed foot examination report attached hereby. thank you

iamrahul1972

please help me choose the right running shoes for mixed pronation? please refer to the detailed foot examination report attached hereby. thank you

how to attach a file in my post?

Depends on mileage. If you're running less than 20 a week, any shoe should be fine. If more than that, there may be over-use injuries associated with a funny gait. The more miles the more the effect. Most people have a stable of different models of shoes and don't wear the same pair more than a couple times a week. That prevents some over use issues that may be compounded by one particular shoe model. Shoes that do TOO much correction or inhibit natural foot/leg motion will also cause injuries, so I see why you want recommendations! I'm not a pronator, so I can't give you an experienced advice on shoes, but Brooks Ravenna is a good all-around shoe that isn't severe in it's support or motion control.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

iamrahul1972

thank you so much

If you go to a shoe store for advice, avoid Roadrunner Sports. In my experience, the staff must be paid on commission, and they work VERY hard to up-sell you into stuff you don't need (like custom orthotics).

A good locally owned store is your best bet.

iamrahul1972

actually i am from India. i did the foot examination in asics shop . my left foot shows severe under pronation while right foot shows slight over pronation.  i cant get brooks in India. Pls advise

Hopefully someone who has the same issue will reply.

Anyone?

Christrickery

I am one of the very few who supinate and thus wear neutral shoes. The result is I go through shoes more quickly because I wear the edges of the shoes down where there is just foam—all the durability lugs are on the other side of the shoe.

With each foot doing doing something different I would think your best bet would be neutral shoes with custom orthotics from a podiatrist. Failing that, REI and Amazon (and maybe even your Aasics store) both sell inserts that you can heat in your oven, then place in your shoes and mold them to your feet yourself. The brand is Sole. Hope this helps.

iamrahul1972

thank you very much. need to look it up but i doubt if such things are available here. will get back to you. thank you again

SMART Approach

Your best bet is to purchase a couple types of neutral shoes and rotate while running during week. What shoe brands do you have in India? Saucony Ride is a good neutral shoe. Nike Air Zoom Winflow. Mizuno Wave Rider. Brooks Ghost. All solid neutral shoes. Go to a running specialty store if you have one and try some on to see what feels good.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

iamrahul1972

thank you for taking the time to reach out to me . Thank you. Yes i have winflow 4 but right foot pains like hell after the walk. heel is well cushioned though.