DFW, Texas: Whiterock Marathon and Half Marathon (Read 950 times)

This morning, I signed up for the Half Marathon. (Man, I hate active.com Angry Angry ) Who else has signed up? -Bonkin? aka Pukemaster -Courtney98? -Derek? -MBK?

Vim

Woohoo! Yep - the Pukemaster is in.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Burninated Peasant

I'm signed up for the full.
        mbk

I'm also signed up for the full.
            Signed up for the half... Tight lipped ... *i think i can i think i can i think i can i think i can*
            Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
              Signed up for the half... Tight lipped ... *i think know i can i think know i can i think know i can i think know i can*
              Much betterer.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

You'll ruin your knees!

Can't put it out of my mind. If I can figure out the sched, I may jump in the full. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

mbk

Hope to see you there, Lynn!
                  derek

I've registered for the half-marathon. It's a bit up in the air as to whether or not I'll actually run it. I'm battling a bone spur at the back of my heel that seems to be bothering me more than it has in the past. I'm trying to rest it and trying a run every 3-4 days to see if it's getting better. I thought it was all better this past weekend, but then I went out for a long run and after 8 miles it acted up again.

Derek

That stinks, Derek. I read about your bone spur problem a bit back on your blog - but then read that it was seeming to get better. Regardless of whether you make it White Rock or not, I hope things clear up for you. Have you seen a doctor about it?

Hey Modal, What pace are you planning to run for the half? I'm not sure if I will be very speedy after this weekend, but was thinking we could run it together - assuming you don't wear the running speedo, of course. Wink

derek

That stinks, Derek. I read about your bone spur problem a bit back on your blog - but then read that it was seeming to get better. Regardless of whether you make it White Rock or not, I hope things clear up for you. Have you seen a doctor about it?
                          I thought it was getting better. I did a 3-mile run and then a 5-mile 2 days later and all seemed well. I then went out Sunday and was fine for the first 8 miles and then it acted up again.

Derek

Hey Modal, What pace are you planning to run for the half? I'm not sure if I will be very speedy after this weekend, but was thinking we could run it together - assuming you don't wear the running speedo, of course. Wink
                            I imagine I'll be going at a 9:30 pace. I don't think I'll be running in a speedo, as it doesn't provide enough support for the HM. I might break out the tribal New Balance rubber codpiece with cool max harness though. Big grin

Vim

I imagine I'll be going at a 9:30 pace. I don't think I'll be running in a speedo, as it doesn't provide enough support for the HM. I might break out the tribal New Balance rubber codpiece with cool max harness though. Big grin
                              9:30 sounds good. The codpiece? Not so much.

My bib number for the HM is 8479. By the way...There will be no race day packet pickup.

Vim