Fargo Double (Read 77 times)

Am I doing this right?

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/400356/group/Sports/

I'm not sure how that guy got this confused, but he was certainly in pretty good shape.

No excuses....

“I clearly would’ve qualified had I not run the 10K, been wearing god damned headphones.” said a smiling Lee, who instead of receiving just one medal, got two.

Fixed that for him.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/400356/group/Sports/

I'm not sure how that guy got this confused, but he was certainly in pretty good shape.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
      Emil Zatopek

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The 10K warmup gave him an unfair advantage.  I bet I could run a 3:25 marathon with a warmup like that.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Something is screwy

"After running a 44-minute, 28-second 10K, Lee ended up running the 26.2-mile marathon in 3 hours, 25 minutes. That fell short of qualifying for the Boston Marathon by five minutes.

“I clearly would’ve qualified had I not run the 10K,” said a smiling Lee, who instead of receiving just one medal, got two."

His BQ time is 3:25.  Results show he did run a 44:28 10K but he doesn't show up on the Marathon results.

You people have issues 

Am I doing this right?

Something is screwy

Yep, starting a marathon 75 minutes before you were expecting it to start.  That's screwy.

No excuses....

StepbyStep-SH

He really should have considered reading the emails, schedules on the website, etc... ahead of time.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

zonykel

“I clearly would’ve qualified had I not run the 10K, been wearing god damned headphones.” said a smiling Lee, who instead of receiving just one medal, got two.

Fixed that for him.

He got a medal for a 10K? And he ran it as a bandit to boot? (I'm not outraged, or anything. I find the situation amusing, though),

Tejas Runner

Something is screwy

"After running a 44-minute, 28-second 10K, Lee ended up running the 26.2-mile marathon in 3 hours, 25 minutes. That fell short of qualifying for the Boston Marathon by five minutes.

“I clearly would’ve qualified had I not run the 10K,” said a smiling Lee, who instead of receiving just one medal, got two."

His BQ time is 3:25.  Results show he did run a 44:28 10K but he doesn't show up on the Marathon results.

His BQ time is 3:25.  His official time (it is up) was 3:25:05.  He missed it by 5 seconds, not 5 minutes.

Am I doing this right?

His BQ time is 3:25.  His official time (it is up) was 3:25:05.  He missed it by 5 seconds, not 5 minutes.

That is a real kick in the junk.

No excuses....