>Technical Support>Maps not saving when creating New Course
Over the past two days I have created a couple of new courses. I have used the map feature to plot the route of my runs. I save the course after entering all the data but when I go back to look at the course the mapped route has not saved. There is nothing there. All the other routes I have created for the past few weeks have saved the mapped routes perfectly but this weekend nothing is saving.
I am new to the site so I may be doing something wrong. Is this the case or is there a current system issue?
Thanks in advance for your help.
This is probably related to the upgrade. However, I am unable to reproduce the problem. Can you provide me with a list of steps to reproduce the problem? Thank you.
Here are the steps I just did to confirm the issue is still happening.
1. Logged out of account and logged back in.
2. Clicked 'Courses'.
3. Clicked 'New Course'
4. Entered Name for the new course.
5. Picked a surface (track)
6. Entered Default Distance
7. No notes were entered.
8. Scrolled down to 'Course Map (optional).
9. Moved map to location of course and entered a series of clicks to plot the course on the map.
10. Once course map was completed, I clicked 'Save' (the one at the bottom of the page.
11. The page refreshed and actually opened another course.
12. Clicked 'Courses' on left hand menu.
13. Found the new curse I had just entered and clicked the magnifying glass to view it.
14. New course opened onto a page showing a map, but the map has no course and had defaulted back to the default location (lookalike it's based on my zip code).
It is like I never even entered a plotted map. If I click edit course the other information is still there but no plotted map.
I am using Safari browser on a mac laptop.
Thanks for your help,
It could be a browser issue. I tried it on Firefox and it worked as expected. I'll need to test against Safari. If you have another browser installed, could you try it there?
It does look like it is a browser specific issue.
I just tried it on Internet Explorer and everything worked as expected. I tried again on Safari and it didn't work.
I just thought of something. Could you try forcing a reload of the page to see if that fixes the problem? Another use had a similar problem. She was also on Safari and it was fixed with a refresh.
No. Refresh didn't seem to change it.
The problem is specific to Safari and the type of button used. I'm not sure what Safari is doing when the button is clicked. I reverted the button back to the old style for now until I can find a solution for it. The fix is being deployed. It should be available by 11:45 PM EDT.
Just a quick note to let you know things are back to normal since you fixed the 'button'.