Running Backpack (Read 113 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I'm looking to begin run-commuting some days back from work. Does anybody have a good recommendation for a running backpack that I can carry my stuff in? I may need to bring a small laptop back and forth, but if the bag can't fit one and you still love it, that's fine too as it's not critical.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Joann Y

Deuter Speed Lite 10. I've had it for a number of years and have used it run commuting, running errands while running, or when I need to carry stuff with me while running. It can fit quite a bit though it feels and looks quite small. It will hold a smaller laptop (I have a macbook air). I love it. I can cram a jacket in there, extra clothes. Maybe not all of that at once but it always surprises me. I'm pretty rough with it too and it's held up. Not sure if that particular model is still sold.

KCRuns

I have the Gregory Maya 10 and I love it.  It could hold a small tablet size laptop, but isn't wide enough for a full size.  I use it to run commute and usually have a change of clothes in the backpack along with wallet and keys, etc.  But I leave shoes and getting ready stuff at work to avoid the extra weight.  I don't know if you're male or female, but the Maya is designed for women so it stays above the hips and doesn't shift around while running.  They make backpacks for men as well and in several different sizes.  I am very happy with the Gregory brand.

Deuter Speed Lite 10. I've had it for a number of years and have used it run commuting, running errands while running, or when I need to carry stuff with me while running. It can fit quite a bit though it feels and looks quite small. It will hold a smaller laptop (I have a macbook air). I love it. I can cram a jacket in there, extra clothes. Maybe not all of that at once but it always surprises me. I'm pretty rough with it too and it's held up. Not sure if that particular model is still sold.

I have a Deuter too - the Aircomfort Lite 20 and use it when run commuting. I am just as happy with it as you are. It is pretty light and robust too. And I like it a lot. Good quality bag imo.

Just dont have that Macbook Air yet....that'll come at a later stage.

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Based on the feedback here I did some research. For now, I think I'm going to stick with a running belt and see how that goes, but it sounds like the Speed Lite is the best if I decide to upgrade. I heard that elsewhere as well. Thanks for the help!

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Joann Y

Based on the feedback here I did some research. For now, I think I'm going to stick with a running belt and see how that goes, but it sounds like the Speed Lite is the best if I decide to upgrade. I heard that elsewhere as well. Thanks for the help!

Glad to help! Makes me think I need to figure out how to incorporate a little run commuting again at least once a week. So easy to just drive everywhere.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

For me, it's a point of saving time. Why do I spend 30 minutes each direction commuting when I can just run? It saves both time and money, and the happiness I'll derive from getting home from work and being done with my run is totally worth it. Also, avoiding the subway for me even a few times a week will bring happiness in and of itself 

Fruchtenstein

My favorite is Inov-8 RacePro 10, but it is discontinued. Asics lightweight running backpack (that's what it's called) is good, too, but I the belt pockets are too small for me.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I have run to work and them my wife would drive me home.

I would leave clothes at my office . I can't  imagine running with a laptop

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes