Running with Glasses (Read 292 times)

Joann Y

I enjoy polls!  

Ha, me too! They are so much fun to do! ;-) 

I got lasik eye surgery.  Best investment I've ever made.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Just my normal everyday glasses plus a strap.

You people have issues 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How do those of you who run with regular glasses stand bright sun?  Squinting gives me a serious headache fast.  Add in snow and sun (which seems to be a rare combination in MI, fortunately/unfortunately) and I'm in some serious pain.  Driving without shades on a sunny day is recipe for me to rear-end someone.  Plus I don't really care to develop cataracts any earlier than necessary from UV exposure.  They seem to start in my family pretty early, as is.

If my script is significantly worse in 10-20 years I'd likely go the Lasik route.  Contacts are a no-go for me with serious allergies and riding my bike in a lot of mud and sand.  Even with good wrap-around sunglasses a lot of dust and grit seems to find its way behind the lens.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hip Redux

Zoomy - same for me   Being out in the sun gives me a RAGING headache.   And I just can't do contacts.  

Chantilly75

I have a pair of prescription sunglasses for when it is sunny out, otherwise, just wear my regular glasses when running.

I always have a second pair of regular glasses in case of an accident.

Expensive to buy 3 pairs, but worth it.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

I'll take running with contact lenses over glasses any day.  It's more comfortable, I don't have to worry about losing them and sweating doesn't bother me nearly as much when wearing contacts as opposed to glasses.

Mysecondnewname

Got some prescription RayBans from SportRx.   Because I'm a high myope and also need bifocals, my choices were limited, but they were able to grind some really nice transition progressive bifocals with all the bells and whistles.   A little pricey, but worth every penny considering how often they are used.

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

How do those of you who run with regular glasses stand bright sun? 

I do most of my running in the morning, before the sun rises. I don't usually have to worry about the sun. When I do run in the sun - change in schedule or a race - I'll just wear a cap with a visor and deal with it.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Birdwell

How do those of you who run with regular glasses stand bright sun?  

A hat.

I have a really hard time wearing sunglasses. I hate switching from regular glasses to sunglasses, plus I don't want to carry around multiple pairs of glasses. It's just easier to get used to being outside in regular glasses.

Besides, I don't want to turn into that guy.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Never have worn sunglasses. Just deal with it or a visor/hat.

You people have issues 

bap

I don't like running with sunglasses but they are useful for checking out girls half my age in Central Park them noticing (like they don't notice).

Certified Running Coach
                          Crocked since 2013

Walk-Jogger

How do those of you who run with regular glasses stand bright sun?  Squinting gives me a serious headache fast.  Add in snow and sun (which seems to be a rare combination in MI, fortunately/unfortunately) and I'm in some serious pain.  Driving without shades on a sunny day is recipe for me to rear-end someone.  Plus I don't really care to develop cataracts any earlier than necessary from UV exposure.  They seem to start in my family pretty early, as is.

If my script is significantly worse in 10-20 years I'd likely go the Lasik route.  Contacts are a no-go for me with serious allergies and riding my bike in a lot of mud and sand.  Even with good wrap-around sunglasses a lot of dust and grit seems to find its way behind the lens.

I'm pretty sensitive to bright sunlight and white cloudy skies, but I manage most of the time with a hat - I never go outside without a hat. I get that same headache you get from bright sunlight without a hat or sunglasses. When I'm driving I keep my sunglasses in the car and usually wear them while driving instead off a hat.

I never need sunglasses when running because my white running hat is black underneath the bill and fits close to my eyes, and I can tilt my head down if needed. I rarely run outside in bright sunshine when there's bright white snow on the ground, (just doesn't happen often around here) so reflected sunlight from snow is not a problem.

Retired &  Loving It

beat

Break on through

I use sports glasses for running - they're more rugged than my every day glasses, so they don't get damaged by taking them off mid-run to wipe off rain or fog.  Both pairs of glasses have transition lenses so they automatically darken in the sunlight, and my eyes are grateful for that!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Cyberic

I have a pair of Oakley sunglasses with prescription lenses in. They are not sport glasses. They are curved normal Oakley sunglasses, and don't let sun - or air - in. So although they are great for driving and the beach, they get all foggy when I run and sweat in them. No air circulation. So the few times I wore them for a run, I ended up carrying them in my hand. Since my prescription is not so strong, I run without glasses. I'm thinking of buying sportsglasses but am afraid I'll pay big money and they will still fog up