Runners complain of foul smell at Rock 'n' Roll Denver Marathon (Read 181 times)

philipfromga

http://www.denverpost.com/running/ci_28988139/runners-complain-foul-smell-at-rock-n-roll

It was pretty bad but having been thru the area many times on the trail I knew what to expect but those that have never run through the waste water treatment plant got a nose full.....  I have to say this about Denverites, they can be some of the most self absorbed people,  I have heard nothing but complaining about their Sunday being ruined by the half marathon traffic closures that have been published for weeks both in print and on TV.... When we lived in Atlanta we our neighborhood was shutdown several times a year for races and the neighborhood never complained but made a party out of it....

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think the complaining goes along with the event regardless of location. Every year people post on the Baltimore marathon page how horrible it is they are closing down the city for a stupid race. And it's the same as what you said, the date is published 1 year in advance, there are banners all over the city, it's in the media, etc. I knew about the event when it first began and I didn't even run. That said, many turn it into an excuse to party all day.

And we can get some pretty nasty smells coming off the harbor. Or dead rats. Someone always sees a dead rat and pitches a fit.

delicate flower

I think that was the stench of Peyton Manning's recent quarterback play.

<3