Question on compression shorts (Read 603 times)

So I have discovered that the standard lining in running shorts gets very uncomfortable on long runs. Lately I have been using some under armor boxer/briefs. These have actually worked well but I am looking for something that I could wear on the outside. At the local running store I was looking at some shorts. One pair that seemed okay actually had a pocket for my umm equipment. The concept seems like a great idea however... there sure are a lot of seams involved. One thing I have discovered is that seams and long distance running doesn't coexist well. Are there any men out there that have any experince with this type of shorts? I would love any feedback.
    theyapper

On the road again...

I've got a pair of these DRI-Fit from Nike and I love them. The lining on the inside is compression material and I have no problems with chaffing or, umm, rubbing, anymore.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Former runner

I picked up a pair of the Asics 2-in-1 shorts from REI this week. I like them for my long runs. The only problem I had with the first pair is the liner developed a hole early on and ruined them. Once that compression material gets a hole in it you can forget it.

Ross