I feel like a gazelle and yet I look like a hippo (Read 1056 times)

All I can tell from this photo is that this person is not a real runner.  That is obvious from the silly freakin' smile on her face at the finish of a race.

... and the fact that her nipples aren't bandaged over. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Feeling the growl again

... and the fact that her nipples aren't bandaged over. 

OK, I will admit that I DID notice that...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hoban-Jay

You're better off NOT knowing who (what?) tom cruise is, what scientology is !!!

Hoban-Jay

All I can tell from this photo is that this person is not a real runner.  That is obvious from the silly freakin' smile on her face at the finish of a race.

The key to your observation, however, is that she is at the finish line...    Silly freakin' smile or not...'real runner' or not, she finished running 26.2 miles. 

If you have a smile on your face through the finish, then you aren't a real runner???  Man oh man, being a real runner keeps getting more and more complicated.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

lilcat19

One of the most true articles that I have ever read. I've run 3 marathons and don't really have too many pictures that I like from those races. At the end of my last marathon I thought I would raise my arms in victory at the end of the race, as I saw some others do in some pictures that I liked. Mine did not turn out quite as nice. Maybe my next one will be better...or maybe I'll continue to look like that hippo.

rlemert

A couple of years ago I was volunteering as a course monitor just after the 24 mile marker. I could see one of the official race photographers at the top of the hill about 3/4 of a block past me, so I started warning the runners about "photo up coming up". (I didn't say this to the sub 3:30 people, nor to most of the sub 4:00's, because they're much more serious about their running - and also because I hadn't seen the photographer yet Big grin .) That way at least people had a fighting chance to look good.

Some of the pacers keyed off my cue and started having their charges primp for the camera.

A couple of years ago I was volunteering as a course monitor just after the 24 mile marker. I could see one of the official race photographers at the top of the hill about 3/4 of a block past me, so I started warning the runners about "photo up coming up". (I didn't say this to the sub 3:30 people, nor to most of the sub 4:00's, because they're much more serious about their running - and also because I hadn't seen the photographer yet Big grin .) That way at least people had a fighting chance to look good.

Some of the pacers keyed off my cue and started having their charges primp for the camera.

That was nice of you. I'd have greatly appreciated that. Smile
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think it was the Bayshore Marathon a few years back that had signs a little ways before course photographers so that we could all do our best to run with good form and wipe the boogers from our noses, fix our hair, etc.

Yeah, those were probably the very worst collection of photos I have ever had from any race. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You saw her face!  Dude you are getting old.  I love that girl!  I had no idea she was a runner.  I need to go check up on her with the Opportunity Van!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                      • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                      • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon