iPhone app: Zombies, Run! (Read 1251 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Downloaded this today and can't wait to try it, tomorrow.  So far all the reviews I've heard have been VERY positive.  Has anyone tried it, yet?  Looks like an Android version is due out in May.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Doc, my tooth hurts

Downloaded this today and can't wait to try it, tomorrow.  So far all the reviews I've heard have been VERY positive.  Has anyone tried it, yet?  Looks like an Android version is due out in May.

Oh. my. god. 

This sounds hilarious to do on an easy run day. Or a long run.  Once it gets warm I don't carry my phone with me, so I'll have to rebuild civilization before spring comes and I don't use a jacket of some sort.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's the site for anyone interested.

I hope this makes doing intervals a bit more interesting. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Trying it out tomorrow!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

12-week layoff

Tried it last night!  It's really cute...and it worked.  I did run faster knowing that the zombies were after me.  The zombie sound effects are not as loud and scary as I had hoped, but I think they want to avoid scaring the crap out of people when they are running in traffic.

Augh why is $8 and not .99.  I'm sadly to cheap to buy this.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
              • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
              • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Augh why is $8 and not .99.  I'm sadly to cheap to buy this.

Before it was released it was $12.  I wouldn't have paid that much, but $8 seems reasonable enough.

~ Sarah Kay

The demons! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

vegefrog

I'll have to wait for Android...

Hopefully by then all you iphone users can tell us if it's worth the $$ or not Smile

Just gave it a try on a 4.25 mile recovery run.  

Seems kind of cool to me.  

I recently switched my itunes selections from music to podcasts (iRun radio show) for  my longer runs to help pass the time.  This would likely fall into the same category.

Although I was attacked by zombies a couple of times I did manage to collect a bunch of items.  Not sure what I am supposed to do with them but it looks like I have unlocked a couple of new "missions".  I'll see where those lead me.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I so need an iPhone.

TRUST THE PROCESS

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I outran the zombies, including the previous "runner 5" zombie...woot!  That was way fun.  I need to figure out how to get it to play music, though.  I thought it would automatically draw tracks from iTunes, but apparently not.  During the segments when it was supposed to play music it just was "dead" noise...I'm probably missing a setting.

Looks like the first mission was about 30 minutes.  I hope they increase in length.

I also see that there is talk about adding more segments with celebrity voices.  I'm pretty much ALL OVER the requests that people have made.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...looking at the log, I think maybe the 2nd zombie attack did get me.  That wasn't clear while I was running.  I wonder if we get a certain # of lives.  It also looks like I lost some of the things that I gathered.  Hopefully I'll learn how to not do that in the future.

~ Sarah Kay

12-week layoff

You have to turn the music on before you start your mission.  I don't know if you can shuffle it yet...I'm going to try going into my playlist and starting in in shuffle mode tomorrow, as I listened to the same songs two days in a row. 

On the treadmill, you have to hold it and put it in accelerometer mode instead of GPS.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On the treadmill, you have to hold it and put it in accelerometer mode instead of GPS.

I assume this is how it works with an iPod Touch, as well?  I kinda wish we'd gotten DS one for Christmas or his birthday, now.  I've been trying to talk him into giving running a try (the kid is a natural, just needs motivation to start and is afraid that he can't do it, even though he'll move non-stop for an hour or more just playing around outside and can ride for hours on the back of our tandem).  He LOVES zombies, so I think that would be fun for him.

~ Sarah Kay