Please help!! (Read 153 times)

CJnew

I am new to running - usually I exercise by using the cross trainer and bike at the gym but all gyms have been closed here in the UK so I thought I'd go for a jog to keep up my fitness. I must not have warmed up properly as I now have strained both thighs - I didn't hear a pop but they are quite painful and I have all the classic symptoms. What cardio exercises can I do now (bearing in mind that gyms are closed). Any help would be greatly appreciate

an amazing likeness

Walk. Walking briskly will build up your lower body's ability.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

MT is right. Walking is good. Make sure you are walking in decent shoes though, not the ones that are beaten up and relegated to wearing for mowing the lawn.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

cowolter

Hi all.

Also newbie here)

If you already have a bike there are things you can get to let you use it as a stationary bike. Jump rope is good too. Don't forget workout

JMac11

RIP Milkman

The chances of you straining both legs is about 0. You're probably just sore. Give it a week, you'll be fine.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

CalBears

The main cardio for you right now is rest. Until your legs are back to business no need to rush things...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

SMART Approach

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. Running is hard. It broke your muscles down. Walk for next 4 days then start with an every other day plan mixing in walk breaks (by choice) with jogging. It takes multiple weeks/months to get adapted to pounding of running. Take it slow.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

CJnew

Thank you so much for all your replies and advice! 

Willsmith123

Have you been struggling with bleeding gums? Does toothache always interfere with your daily activities? Perhaps you’ve already tried a variety of toothpaste or similar products that promise to solve lots of oral problems, only to realize you’re just being scammed! What if there’s a natural and cost-effective solution?

If our eyes are considered the mirror of our soul, our oral health serves as the window to our overall health. Most of the bacteria teemed in the mouth are harmless, but some can cause disease and eventually affect your respiratory and digestive tracts.

Your oral health could contribute to various conditions and diseases like pregnancy and birth complications (e.g., premature birth), pneumonia, endocarditis, and cardiovascular disease.

Sounds worrying, yes. That’s why professionals strictly suggest protecting your oral health in all possible ways. Besides brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash, eating a healthy diet, and scheduling frequent dental checkups and cleanings are very important.

But, did you know that there are supplements that can help save your precious teeth from falling? People with existing oral problems, like tooth decay and gum disease, can also use the supplement for achieving those pearly whites!

Yes, we’re talking about Steel Bite Pro. And perhaps you already know a thing or two about this product. We say don’t spend a dime yet until you have read this review!