Hey Berner (Read 447 times)

Kimmie

Hey- i just read your race report from Chicago 2007. I was there and experience almost the exact same thing... although my time was 1 hour slower than normal. Just wanted to know if you plan to run it again this year. If not, do you have plans for a fall marathon? I posted this before, but I'm struggling with the idea of never going back to Chicago VS. getting redemption from a bad year. I know it's full. The charity that I ran for is holding me a spot until I decide. dilemma.... I want to decide soon. Just wondering what a fellow survivor like you planned to do. Smile
      I've decided to try a different marathon this Fall. I haven't made my plans yet, but I'm preliminarily looking at St. George, Steamtown, Milwaukee or Philadelphia. I hold no ill-feeling towards the Chicago Marathon on account of last year. I don't blame Pinkowsky or the marathon organization for the weather, and I think they probably did the best they could with the conditions given. Indeed, having run Chicago twice (including my "virgin" marathon in 2006), I will always speak highly of it. Although I'm sure that I will have many moments of regret about skipping my hometown marathon, I just had a gut feeling that I'd like to try a change of pace this year. As a bonus, assuming the scheduling works out, I hope to be able to spectate and/or volunteer for Chicago 2008.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've decided to try a different marathon this Fall. I haven't made my plans yet, but I'm preliminarily looking at St. George, Steamtown, Milwaukee or Philadelphia.
        wimp. Wink
          wimp. Wink
          Last time I checked, they were all 26.2 miles. Besides, with the weather conditions I've had for my goal marathons (Grandma's 2007, Chicago 2007 -- both black flagged for excessive heat) I figure I'm owed a little downhill.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

JakeKnight

Isn't St. George the one you just jump off a cliff and pull the cord on your parachute and float to the finish line?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Kimmie

I'm with you on being owed a little in the marathon department. Not that I'm complaining/whining/making excuses but 4 out of 5 marathons I've run have been unusually hot. (MCM 04, Grandmas 05, New York 05, Chicago 07) The only one that cooperated was Philly. My running group wants to do some marathon in West Virginia? I forget what it's called Marshall Univ.? Hey, since Trent is lurking here on a post titled for Berner, what are the odds on getting into your marathon?