Reasons I should have my US citizenship revoked... (Read 945 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Guess teachers aren't a high priority here.
    That's the truly saddest part. Don't even get me started on how undervalued teachers are in the US. My hubby's family are all teachers (he's about the only one living who isn't a teacher or a retired teacher). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hmmmmmm let me see. My dh spends more time in Canada then the U.S. I have 5 kids and will NEVER own a minivan. Have never been obese or even fat. Can NOT stand Oprah (or any other day time talk shows). American cheese isn't allowed in the house (not that any of us would eat it!) Don't shop at walmart (the place stresses me out) I'd much rather shop at a mom & pop grocery store or health food store. Don't drink soda and fast food makes me ill. Not into watching sports except maybe Hockey. I'm SAHM and I don't spend the day watching soaps and eating bon bons Clowning around Oh and despite having kids and a busy life I still make running and working out a priority instead of using those things as exuses as why I'm "not" in shape.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

That's the truly saddest part. Don't even get me started on how undervalued teachers are in the US. My hubby's family are all teachers (he's about the only one living who isn't a teacher or a retired teacher). k
        I agree with you there Kirsten, though my inlaws would beg to differ. Seems teachers in NJ have it pretty good.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

madness baby

I think we've got a little self-selection bias going on here. Who chooses to be a runner?!
          deb
            zoom-zoom, sounds like you should just move to Massachusetts. Although the rest of the country, particularly those Red States, (or is it the other way around?) does not consider us part of the US, we actually have all the rights and privileges of other US citizens.
            John Adams must be spinning in his grave because of kennedy and john treasonous kerry!! I can't stand kerry!!! I'd spit in his face if I got the chance and gladly serve the time for it!! It has to do with is supposed 3 PH from 'Nam and his testimony before the Senate in 1971. Pop, my late father in law was wounded TWICE for REAL in Korea and was in pain to he day he passed on. He did a tour in 'Nam too. In the 34 year I knew him he talked JUST ONCE about one of his wounds and as soon as he realized it he clamed up. Not even his daughter my wife had heard about what happened. And mom (mother in law) ever learned any of the details and both were shocked that he said what little he did to me. Our Service Members deserve better than they are getting, and any politico that does not give them their all is on my shit list NEVER EVER to be taken off!! And if my mom did to me what cindy sheehan did...................................... I come back and haunt her so bad even King would be too terrorfied to write about it. She is a disgrace to her son's memory and service. Now ask me what I really think! OK I am now climbing OFF my Soap Box!! I'll be good now!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think we've got a little self-selection bias going on here. Who chooses to be a runner?!
              I'll bet you're on to something, there! I'm always amazed at the excuses I used to use for being out-of-shape. I still fight with the weight and a screwed-up metabolism, but I am BY FAR the most fit and slim woman in my family. Diet alone won't cut it. k

~ Sarah Kay

well, I do like American Idol. Blush but... You wouldn't catch me dead at a McDonalds I wouldn't sport a colored ribbon of any sort for any cause not only do I not get Oprah, I really, strongly dislike the View...and Rosie BIG MOUTH Odonnell. I'm actually on the lowest end of my healthy weight range...and I've never used the excuse, "Oh, I had 4 kids and I'm 37!" I drive a mini van but non of us play or even like soccer. Tongue Walmart sucks. I'm not on the hysteria bandwagon that is GLOBAL WARMING.
                I DON'T like American Idol and we do shop Wally World. But GLOBAL WARMING? Big grin Sure there is. Right where I am currently sitting there used to be an ice sheet a mile thick. Ain't here now, although it did its best to return last month. So it did get warmer Big grin The rest of your post is dead on.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I'll bet you're on to something, there! I'm always amazed at the excuses I used to use for being out-of-shape. I still fight with the weight and a screwed-up metabolism, but I am BY FAR the most fit and slim woman in my family. Diet alone won't cut it. k
                  Diet alone DEFINELY isn't enough! I can't tell you how many times I heard, oh Pam your going to gain wait eventually it's in the gene. It will hit you in your 30's. (big butts and thunder thighs run in my family) Guess I should be prepared for it to happen in my 40's since my 30's are almost over? Wink Oh and it seems most women I've known or met that aren't into exercising use the exuse of no time due to kids or work or the I'll never look like I did before kids. I don't know if I chose to be ar runner or not but what I do know is I chose to be responsible for my health. I don't care how skinny or how fat your are if your not getting exercise on a regular basis your doing yourself a MAJOR diservice!

va

Diet alone DEFINELY isn't enough! I can't tell you how many times I heard, oh Pam your going to gain wait eventually it's in the gene. It will hit you in your 30's. (big butts and thunder thighs run in my family) Guess I should be prepared for it to happen in my 40's since my 30's are almost over? Wink Oh and it seems most women I've known or met that aren't into exercising use the exuse of no time due to kids or work or the I'll never look like I did before kids. I don't know if I chose to be ar runner or not but what I do know is I chose to be responsible for my health. I don't care how skinny or how fat your are if your not getting exercise on a regular basis your doing yourself a MAJOR diservice!
                    rockenmamof5, you are so right! As for me, I may have my citizenship revoked, because I hate shopping. What is it with America's obsession with shopping? With purchasing "stuff". This reminds me of the old George Carlin bit... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8896213084482448693
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh and it seems most women I've known or met that aren't into exercising use the exuse of no time due to kids or work or the I'll never look like I did before kids.
                      Heh, I look better now than I did before I had my son...but my 20s were a bad decade! I'm almost 50#s smaller and far more in-shape now than I was then. As for shopping...I don't really like general shopping, either (only reason I'd want to go to the Mall of America would be to see the spectacle of it...and take my son and hubby to the LEGO store)--though I LOVE buying running paraphenalia for some odd reason.... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Our Service Members deserve better than they are getting, and any politico that does not give them their all is on my shit list NEVER EVER to be taken off!!
                        I agree. And so I find it hard to reconcile your using your pop's war wounds to justify spitting in the face of a veteran and US Senator with whom you disagree. I realize that Senator Kerry is not for everyone but one thing I'm nearly 100% certain of is that he would never spit in your face. I'm used to the mere mention of my home state eliciting this type of vitriol, but I don't come to a running message board to hear it. Which is why I'll stick to my original instincts and stay the hell away from a forum called, "Off the Beaten Path." I'm just here for the training talk. Best wishes and out, folks.

Runners run

I wrote that last night just before bed time and I am sure I was hypo on my blood glucose. Mix low blood sugar and being Scott/Irish and it ain't nice!! I always tell people that if I get nasty to ask me when I last had something to eat. My longest run ever was yesterday and I started out with low BG and never did recover during the day! Today is better can you tell? One branch of my family landed in Ipswich. Fact is there is an island named for them just east of Ipswich. Thank God for MA and John Adams. Without which there would be no USA!

omgosh. I don't think you could even buy a garage for 125k out here anymore! The median home price here is just over 600k. Shocked

Jennifer mm#1231

I wrote that last night just before bed time and I am sure I was hypo on my blood glucose. Mix low blood sugar and being Scott/Irish and it ain't nice!! I always tell people that if I get nasty to ask me when I last had something to eat. My longest run ever was yesterday and I started out with low BG and never did recover during the day! Today is better can you tell? One branch of my family landed in Ipswich. Fact is there is an island named for them just east of Ipswich. Thank God for MA and John Adams. Without which there would be no USA!
                              Ah, that makes sense. No worries. I was just coming in from a long run myself and was probably still amped up on adrenaline when I wrote my (over)reaction piece. Sorry for being a thread kill. Cheers!

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mix low blood sugar and being Scott/Irish and it ain't nice!!
                                Ask my family what I'm like when I haven't eaten in a while. Hypoglycemia + Scot/Scandinavian is UGLY! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay