Training Plan Editor (Read 5143 times)

I thought the Calender showed this, maybe not with a different transparency, but planned, uncompleted workouts have the colored border around them even after the date has passed.  However this will not show if we had done a substitute workout (like my last saturday run was kind of completed on Sunday), maybe comparing the plan vs the calender views will give me what I want.

As I said before, they do show the border on the calendar view, which distinguishes them a little. However, I'm find the missed workouts to be more prominent than the completed ones. By making the missed workouts fade into the background a little then the focus can be put on what's important, which is what workouts were actually completed.

This could be accomplished with a minor CSS and HTML change. The 'Plan' class attribute on the paragraph could be changed to 'Planned missed' in the HTML template for any planned workouts before the current date. Then a suitable transparency percentage could be set (maybe 60%?) on p.missed elements in the CSS. 

I see what you're saying but think it might be even better if it just disappeared from the calendar. Once the day or week is over any missed workouts would be no longer visible.

I see what you're saying but think it might be even better if it just disappeared from the calendar. Once the day or week is over any missed workouts would be no longer visible.

That'd be fine too I suppose. That's kind of like setting the transparency to 100%, though it might be easier to just leave off the missed workouts. 

theyapper

On the road again...

eric -

I'm not sure what happened, but when I went to log my run today it said it was an unplanned run even though it was originally on the training plan for today.  I looked at my plan and it now says it's a 19 week plan that started a week earlier than I set it up which was for 18 weeks.  I also have a whole week now with double workouts (looks like the second week shifted up into the now completed first week).

Anyway, I don't even know how to tell you to replicate it, since I didn't do anything other than log a run.  Not sure if any of this will even help you, but I hope it does.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

dpschumacher

5 months til Masters

Just a small issue.  I may be doing this wrong or maybe it's just a pain for you to fix.  IDK...  When I am using the date shift, i can't shift it by one day.  I can only shift the whole week.

I'm have a 20 week plan that is going to end with a marathon on a Sunday.  The next marathon I'm running is on a Saturday, so i just wanted to shift all the days back one so long days will be Saturdays.  I have made a copy then renamed the plan.  After I then go to shift the dates of the plan.  I can change the weeks as a whole,  but cant make all the Monday runs actually Sundays, Tuesdays to Monday, Wednesdays to Tuesdays etc, without moving them all.  I did it manually which was not that big of a deal (10 minutes) but just wondering if it me F-ing something up or the planner just does not work that way.

Not a big deal, but it would be nice to be able to move by a day the whole plan instead of a week.

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

eric :)

Hi guys,

This problem should be fixed.  I found a bug last week that under certain situations prevented users from saving a modified training plan.  This fix then introduced a bug that incorrectly determined the begin week of the training plan.  As a result, it moved the begin date by a week every time you saved the training plan.  I found and fixed the problem on the same day I uploaded the fix for the initial bug but it wasn't fast enough.  A few of you saved your plans during this time.

The initial fix prevented the user from changing the begin date once you completed one or more scheduled workouts.  This restriction prevents you from fixing the begin date.  If you want it fixed, please contact me privately and I'll make the adjustments for you.  Please include the plan name and the desired begin date.  Thank you.

eric Smile

dpschumacher

5 months til Masters

Thanks!! BTW This addition is awesome.  I have my next two years planned out.  Obviously there will be adjustments, but having a general outline is awesome.

2023 Goals

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

ajmotylinski

i've been a long time user of RA and am just starting to explore the additional features.

I've started my training for the Twin Cities Marathon in October and wanted to create a training plan for this race. Is there a way to automatically match the runs I put in the Training Plan with those runs I have in my Training Log?

I know I can match them manually if I go in and edit each run in my Training Log but it would be nice to be able to automatically match those with the same run type.

Keep up the good work.

Drew

eric :)

Drew,

I don't understand.  When you log a new workout, it is automatically matched with the planned workout. 

ajmotylinski

Eric,

Sorry, I didn't articulate my request clearly. Let me give it another try.  

For example let's say I started my marathon training earlier this month on July 1. I logged my runs for the first three weeks of the July. I then found the Training Plan feature on RA on  July 21. I created a training plan that started July 1 through my marathon on October. For the new workouts it matches automatically which is great.

However,  my existing older workout are not matched with the workouts in the Training Plans. These workouts are the ones prior to July 21 when I created my training plan. To get these old workouts to match I have to open up each workout and select the workout from the Training Plan.

Drew

dpschumacher

5 months til Masters

AJ-

If you go into the workout tab.  You can select one work out...say July 1st...and click edit.  You can then select the drop down for the planned work out, like you already are, but if when you select save it will take you to the work out list after.  I had the same problem.  I find that it makes this process a bit faster.  I was able to do a months worth of workouts in about 15 minutes....so to do three weeks it should take you about 10 minutes or so.  It is still doing it manually, but i found it to be the most efficient way.  i don't think there is a way to do it automatically.

2023 Goals

2024 Goals

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

ajmotylinski

Thanks for the tip.  I did that so now all my runs are matched up. 

intron

I love the Training Plan!!!  I have longed (seriously) for something like this on RA since it first started.  This site just gets more amazing all the time!

Thank you so much Eric!

First post, and I'd like to open it by saying this is a fantastic site. Really, really excellent—the only thing I'd like is an easy way to post workotus to my own Facebook wall (rather than the app); this covers every other base far and away better than any other site out there. My compliments.

On topic: I may just be missing a step, but I'm having a problem with weight entries in the plan. I create them just fine, and they show up on the calendar just fine. However, when in the Calendar view I click on an entry to update it with the actual workout details and then save it, I end up with new weight entries and the schedule entries. I don't have this issue when I input runs, only weights, though I'm using the same basic procedure for both. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Thanks again!

First post, and I'd like to open it by saying this is a fantastic site. Really, really excellent—the only thing I'd like is an easy way to post workotus to my own Facebook wall (rather than the app); this covers every other base far and away better than any other site out there. My compliments.

On topic: I may just be missing a step, but I'm having a problem with weight entries in the plan. I create them just fine, and they show up on the calendar just fine. However, when in the Calendar view I click on an entry to update it with the actual workout details and then save it, I end up with new weight entries and the schedule entries. I don't have this issue when I input runs, only weights, though I'm using the same basic procedure for both. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Thanks again!

I noticed this too...

Recalculating...