My blister is getting chronic! (Read 498 times)

First of all, I looked for a prior post about this but could not find one. Sorry if you old timers have to hear more about blisters. SO... I've been bothered by a blister on the inside of my left foot right about where my big toe is connected to my foot. It just keeps getting more painful even though I band aid it before running. I'd like to put an end to it before we start talking bunions or something. By the way, no changes in running shoes lately - but I am due for a new pair soon. Any advice would be appreciated.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Give the Two Toms brand Blister Shield powder a try--that stuff is out-of-this-world (ultra-runner jlynnbob first gave me a heads-up about that stuff...I had a blister in a similar spot on a pair of shoes with 70 miles on them...eventually I stopped having that problem and never had it with subsequent pairs, but it worked great for 50 miles or so until I was certain that the shoe wasn't going to rub that area wrong). How close are your shoes to retirement? Maybe this is your shoes not-so-subtle hint that it needs to be replaced? I'd say if you're closing in on 300 miles that it might be worth it.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

First of all, I looked for a prior post about this but could not find one. Sorry if you old timers have to hear more about blisters. SO... I've been bothered by a blister on the inside of my left foot right about where my big toe is connected to my foot. It just keeps getting more painful even though I band aid it before running. I'd like to put an end to it before we start talking bunions or something. By the way, no changes in running shoes lately - but I am due for a new pair soon. Any advice would be appreciated.
        I have that same problem with my right foot, and when it starts to act up I tape it to death. I use medical tape, not a band-aid. I just used the foot blister powder that Zoomy mentioned and I could feel the difference immediately. Blisters may be small but they can ruin a run!

Michelle

Nev

I had terrible blisters when I first started running and I found that surgical spirit hardens the skin up without drying it out. just dont put it on broken skin - it really stings. I feel for you - good luck fixing it Nev