Hall of Fame to ND Marathon (Read 877 times)

Well, it's not bad for a little 80,000 seater. I bet it would be even more cool to finish a race in the place that ND Stadium was modeled after. Wink
    Meh. I've been on the field of both. ND wins hands down. Not that I'm biased. Big grin
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Meh. I've been on the field of both. ND wins hands down. Not that I'm biased. Big grin
      Well, I've been on both fields too, and U-M wins hands down. But I'm terribly biased! /Former U-M Marching Band member

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Well, I've been on both fields too, and U-M wins hands down. But I'm terribly biased! /Former U-M Marching Band member
        Haha. I'm a former ND marching band member. We're not going to come to a consensus on this one. (except that I'm right)
          Obviously there is only one way to solve this - a march-off. And since you guys live in different parts of the country - it will have to be a virtual march-off. So go grab your instruments, go out front and start playing your school's fight song. Report back here soon with the results and we can judge a winner. Extra points for neighbors complaining for you to stop. Instant win if the police are called.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

db7

Did I start something??? DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Obviously there is only one way to solve this - a march-off. And since you guys live in different parts of the country - it will have to be a virtual march-off. So go grab your instruments, go out front and start playing your school's fight song. Report back here soon with the results and we can judge a winner. Extra points for neighbors complaining for you to stop. Instant win if the police are called.
              Easy enough. That's how I wake up the neighborhood every day! A few quick laps marching around the block playing the fight song on the mellophone I "borrowed" from the high school in August. Though I do it mostly to irritate the Michigan State fans who live across the street.
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Though I do it mostly to irritate the Michigan State fans who live across the street.
                Well, I can't disagree with that reasoning. Big grin I guess I'm too chicken to foist my trombone on my unsuspecting new neighbors, but I do stand by my record of band geekery (here and here). I still think our stadium is better, but since I'm conceding the march-off, I will submit that your campus is very picturesque. Take Touchdown Jesus, for instance: The view looking out of our stadium towards the scoreboard isn't nearly as pretty:

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Ahh, such tomfoolery will never irritate me. I love my team no matter the score. No fair weather fan here. Though perhaps for the sake of everyone else being forced to read this, we should simply unite in our hatred of Michigan State. No one can disagree with that.
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ahh, such tomfoolery will never irritate me. I love my team no matter the score. No fair weather fan here.
                    Glad to hear that. Since the series runs close to 50-50, there are plenty of recent scores you could pull up to agonize me. I'm no fan of ND football, but I have a ton of respect for them. College FB is better when you guys are good.
                    Though perhaps for the sake of everyone else being forced to read this, we should simply unite in our hatred of Michigan State. No one can disagree with that.
                    Good thought, but since they're in my conference, let's unite over USC instead. Wink

Good thought, but since they're in my conference, let's unite over USC instead. Wink
                      Oh, I can definitely support that. Done and done. And I have to admit, even when we're losing, I prefer a good game to a blowout. Those games are boring if you're on the winning side or the losing side.
                      db7

We can take this up again on a certain Saturday this September. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ