Brooks Ghost and Saucony Triumph 6 (Read 899 times)

valarie

I am doing a comparison on these running shoes for a business communications class. Could anyone give their thoughts and opinions on their personal experiences with these shoes. My main concern is flexibility,cushioning,responsiveness and longevity of the shoe.Thanks so much
      Bump for my sister..

This is why I run

I have the Triumph 6 and really like them. I ran the Baltimore marathon in them last year and to date they've lasted the longest of any of the Muzuno's I've worn (Wave Rider 9's & Wave Nivarna 1/2/3's). The inside are a little beat up but treads are still good and new insoles have given them new life, cushion seems to be holding up well. When I ran in them without my Superfeet, they hurt the top of my foot, but once I added the Superfeet, they were great. Never run in Brooks, so I cannot comment. I understand the Brooks Glycerin is more compairable to the Saucony Triumph though.
        Clydesdales shouldn't run in Five Fingers!
          I have the Ghost. I love them. I bought a pair off eBay for $30 shipped because I was curious about the Mogo material. I had been running (still do on recovery jogs) in the Asics Nimbus 9, but the Solyte material was just not cutting it. I had dropped nearly 20 lbs and was becoming more efficient, so I wanted a bit less shoe with more responsiveness (the Nimbus started to feel like I had marshmallows under my feet). I have less than 60 miles on them, but have used them on a variety of runs ranging from steady state to a recent 18-miler. I switch out between the Asics Speedstars (love the SpEVA) for short-mid distance runs, but will rock the Ghost as long as they keep selling it.