HI! I am new here. Anyone use the New Balance 790? (Read 581 times)

over 9000!!!

Hi, i used to troll around on the old coolrunning.com forums. Their new site sucks, so here I am. Anyways, on to a running related question... Anyone out there wear the New Balance 790? How do you like them? I am getting it in the mail today. I really like lightweight, minimilistic shoes without all the crazy bells and whistles that weigh it down. I also hate the 4 inch heels that most modern shoes now have. I have done a bit of barefoot running, and I sometimes run in Vibrams Five Finger Sprints. I hope the NB 790's will be nice to play with. Thanks
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't, but they are a shoe on my short list of trail shoes I would try if I ever started doing any off-road running. My primary shoe is the 902 and I hear you on the more minimalist shoe. I have dealt with a lot fewer nagging injuries with a more flexible, lightweight shoe. I still need a hint of stability...I wish NB made a trail shoe that was like the 790, but with a small medial post like in the 902. The stability models of their trail shoes all look kinda stiff and clunky. I'm kinda stuck with NB, too, since no one else seems to make wide trail shoes.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

over 9000!!!

Well, I got the NB 790's in. I really llike them. They were very comfortable right out of the box. It feels good on my foot and is very minimal and flexible just like I like. The only problem is my pinky toe is just a bit pinched. I suspect that it will losen up a bit eventually. Highly recomended!
        Nate Grant

I train in asics gel-speedstars and nike streak xc's.