Gulp...I did it. (Read 812 times)

I signed up for my first Half Marathon. I started running last September with the Couch to 5K. Am now up to 5 and 6 mile runs. I've signed up for several 5 and 10k races throughout the summer. And I just signed up for my first half marathon in November. YIKES! My plan is only to finish, so I don't think that will be a problem. But I am still both excited and completely freaked out.

http://www.runningnotes.net

jeffdonahue

Congratulations!! You have plenty of time ot train, and then just go out and enjoy the experience.
      jdais

That is great progress. I am running my 1st 5K and am in week 6 of training using the Couch to 5K program. 6 weeks till race day! I don't have the guts to do a 10K yet though.

Swim , Bike, and Run A LOT

Dog-Love

Signing up is the first step for committing to the goal. Good for you!
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

My legs are killing me

Way to go! Just have fun. That's what it's all about. Big grin
              Awesome! By the time Novemeber roles around, you're going to be laughing at how hard (as it genuinely is in the begining) it was to do your 5+10km training runs. It totally helps your motivation to have a comitted race to train for. Best of luck!

The Greatest of All Time

Get 'er done!
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                Tremont

If you're doing 5-6 mile runs now you're well on your way. Just keep at it slowly and steadily and you'll be in great shape for your half in November.
                  Ringmaster

Congratulations! I ran my first half last month and it was a great experience, as I know yours will be. Way to make those kids proud!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                    Mile by Mile

Keep us in the loop and best on your training. Finishing is a good goal. Cool

Vim

A is A

Awesome. I just finished my first half last Sunday! Yay. I remember when I decided to sign up back in September: I had just finished my first long run-walk of 6 Miles. and I was totally pumped. Then I registered and I was totally freaked out. It all still feels like some crazy dream. Haha! What a trip. Best wishes. If your experience is anything like mine you are going to have a blast!
                        mikeymike

The trend toward registering for races 6 months in advance frightens me. I like to wait until the last minute. But congrats on your decision and good luck! Let me guess. Seacoast?

Runners run

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Nice job making the commitment! You've got enough time to train that you could not only finish this one, but race it! (MTA: don't take that to mean that you HAVE to race it) HMs are super cool.
                              Thanks everyone for the support. I was a little afraid people would say "What? Are you crazy? You'll never have enough time to train!". Okay, not really, but the little voice inside my head said that. I haven't told anyone yet (besides you folks!), especially my DH who will both think I am crazy and have to watch the kids during all that training! Evil grin

The trend toward registering for races 6 months in advance frightens me. I like to wait until the last minute. But congrats on your decision and good luck! Let me guess. Seacoast?
                                Yep! A couple of friends have run it in the past and somehow crazily convinced me that I could do it. At least it will be pretty!