HTFU Spreads... (Read 1254 times)

The Greatest of All Time

It took me about ten minutes of reading this board to figure out what HTFU meant. But I did not see the Australian video until last week. I thought it was hilarious. On Saturday night I showed DW the video, explained its use on the board and she got a chuckle out of it. Yesterday morning there was a 5k down at the lake. I have been running inside 97% of this winter and it was cold and windy yesterday morning. I think it was about 30. We drove down about an hour before the race. I checked in, got my bib & timing chip, and went back to the car. So I am sitting in my nice heated, leather seats. It's about 20 minutes before the start and DW says "aren't you going to go warm up?" "Uh, no. It's too fu*king cold and windy." To which she quipped "harden the fu*k up Marcus!" It was timed and delivered with such perfection. I had to give her a fist to fist and out of the car I went. I love DW.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

You're lucky to have such a wise wife, Marcus! Maybe you should try running outside during the winter more, to toughen yourself up. Wink
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have been running inside 97% of this winter To which she quipped "harden the fu*k up Marcus!"
        She's a wise woman. You're too soft. /does 100% of runs outdoors. In MI.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

You guys are brutal. It's not that I can't or won't run outside in the winter. I have ran in some really nasty stuff. It's just more convienent for me to run inside since I am either on my way to work or on my way home from work. But, yeah I was being a little bit*h yesterday morning [hangs head].

You guys are brutal. It's not that I can't or won't run outside in the winter. I have ran in some really nasty stuff. It's just more convienent for me to run inside since I am either on my way to work or on my way home from work. But, yeah I was being a little bit*h yesterday morning [hangs head].
            Glad to hear she kept you line. Smile

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

/does 100% of runs outdoors. In MI.
              I searched desperately for a video clip of the old SNL "Sarcastic Clapping Family" skit, but to no avail.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I searched desperately for a video clip of the old SNL "Sarcastic Clapping Family" skit, but to no avail.
                Someone pissed in your Cheerios this AM, didn't they? Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Someone pissed in your Cheerios this AM, didn't they? Evil grin
                  Well, I skipped my Cheerios this morning. And Costco was all out of turkey bacon (turbacon) when I went shopping there today. But mainly, it's just that I am wickedly damn funny.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Turkey bacon... Dead

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Turkey bacon... Dead
                      Weight loss/ health food. Like most weight loss/ health foods, not nearly as tasty as what it's substituting for. But surprisingly not bad when microwaved to the point of extreme crispiness (but not scorched).

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you ever tried veggie bacon? I think the Morningstar Farms stuff was the kind I tried. I liked it better than turkey bacon--taste and texture closer to the real deal--no joke.

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Have you ever tried veggie bacon?
                          Have you ever tried near beer?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Have you ever tried veggie bacon? I think the Morningstar Farms stuff was the kind I tried. I liked it better than turkey bacon--taste and texture closer to the real deal--no joke.
                            Well, I took some up to the register once, but they said I had to turn in my man card, so I decided to pass. Tongue Actually, I may have had it a long time ago. Don't really remember, but if Costco has stopped selling my turbacon, I just may have to look into it.
                            That sounds like some sort of abomination that I would probably want no part of.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm from Wisconsin...N/A is an abomination.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Marcus, you're the attorney, but imagine there must be some sort of law forbidding the mention of non-alcoholic beer on St. Patrick's Day. Or at least a local ordinance in your area, given your proximity to Chicago.