Middle grade book title? (Read 227 times)

BruceD555

Hmmm...after reading your dust jacket copy how about

A Mile from Nowhere

Train smart ... race smarter.

Tiefsa

There are a lot of good ideas here.  I'm wondering if I should mix in the town name "Boykinville" or his name "OK" or maybe just the word "Run"

I am liking "Middle Mile" and "The 7th Mile"

A mile from nowhere is good too.

I also like the takes on the other movies

I looked up that Japanese Anime movie maker.  No, I had never heard of him, but I want to see some of his movies now.

zonykel

When you were describing your character, the love story kind of reminded me of "Whisper of the Heart". If you're going to expand beyond that, all of Miyazaki's films are good. "My Neighbor Totoro" is one of my favorites. What I like about his stories is that they don't necessarily focus on a good vs. evil battle, but rather on telling a human story. You may have that in common as well.

I recommend you watch the Japanese versions with subtitles. Once the film is dubbed, much of the quality is lost, IMO.

There are a lot of good ideas here.  I'm wondering if I should mix in the town name "Boykinville" or his name "OK" or maybe just the word "Run"

I am liking "Middle Mile" and "The 7th Mile"

A mile from nowhere is good too.

I also like the takes on the other movies

I looked up that Japanese Anime movie maker.  No, I had never heard of him, but I want to see some of his movies now.

I really liked O.K. is Great. Maybe just put a subtitle under it explaining that it is a seventh grader's quest for greatness by breaking the middle school mile record.

Fall  2013 Goals: Doable sub 22:00 5k; Challenging Sub 21:00 5k; Unlikely Sub 20:00 5k.

Tiefsa

I really liked O.K. is Great. Maybe just put a subtitle under it explaining that it is a seventh grader's quest for greatness by breaking the middle school mile record.

That's a good idea too!

Supersono99

More Than Just OK

From OK to Great in One Mile or From OK to Great in Under 5 minutes (or whatever time a 7th grader runs)

Outside Lane

A Mile Record is OK

One Mile, One Record

When One Mile is More Than OK

See how they run...

The Mile Beast

ScriptCal

Intentionally Blank

The Beast is OK

Miles away from OK

Tiefsa

Here's my literary agent's suggestion, but it has nothing to do with running.

O. K. and the Star Wars Lunch Box.

Is that any good?

Feeling the growl again

Here's my literary agent's suggestion, but it has nothing to do with running.

O. K. and the Star Wars Lunch Box.

Is that any good?

Apologies for the tangent, but you already have an agent for the book?  How did that come about? (Congrats, by the way, that is typically not easy).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Tiefsa

Apologies for the tangent, but you already have an agent for the book?  How did that come about? (Congrats, by the way, that is typically not easy).

Thanks.  Well, I went to a conference and pitched my book to an agent.  That's all it took for me.  Teaching for 11 years in middle school has given me a lot of ammunition for writing middle grade material.

Feeling the growl again

Thanks.  Well, I went to a conference and pitched my book to an agent.  That's all it took for me.  Teaching for 11 years in middle school has given me a lot of ammunition for writing middle grade material.

Good for you.  My wife is in the author community, so I'm aware of a lot of people looking for agents and a few who have found them.  I'm one correction from finishing my own novel to submit, but I expect it will be 6 months of rejection followed by the self-publish on Kindle route.  Best of luck to you.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I don't like it, but what do I know.

Fall  2013 Goals: Doable sub 22:00 5k; Challenging Sub 21:00 5k; Unlikely Sub 20:00 5k.

If you teach that age group why don't you do some market research? Run a top 5 by them.