Strava is being blocked in Russia (Read 139 times)

Fruchtenstein

I had problems with getting to Strava this week, so I reported this to my provider (http://domru.ru). Here's what I received in response:
    "Deeper investigation showed that 2 IP addresses out of 3 used for the domain strava.com are blocked by the Office of the Prosecutor General upon request of Roskomnadzor (Federal Service for Supervision of Communication, etc), this is why the resource is intermittently unavailable. I will send the information required to evaluate the feasibility of unblocking it. In case of positive conclusion it will be unblocked without further notice".
    Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain...

spacityrunner

Ahhh D. Sorry you have to deal with this issue. Hope it gets resolved soon!

Trails Rock!

Fruchtenstein

Never mind. Freedom of speech was provided for this post by AirVPN.org Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Blocking 2 IPs but not the third doesn't make a lot of sense, but as long as that lasts, a workaround would be to put strava com in your hosts file, with the good IP.

Fruchtenstein

Blocking 2 IPs but not the third doesn't make a lot of sense, but as long as that lasts, a workaround would be to put strava com in your hosts file, with the good IP.

I don't think that the blocking was targeted specifically at Strava. Most probably these two adresses fall into address blocks used by some other service. Maybe, Telegram messenger, which is banned in Russia.

side note, I don't see the appeal of strava... ??

300m- 37 sec.