Running in Boston (besides that little Monday event) (Read 916 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Heh.  I have been here for 4 or 5 years. It did not even occur to me that the quote attribution might be a link that would do something.  That is very cool.

Holy crap.

I have been here for 4 or 5 years.

I thought it was like, fifteen.  You exude such experience.

xor

Nah, it just seems like fifteen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Since I sucked it over as a quote, I think you can click on the "Quote from..." right above the quote box to get to the source thread. [that's meant to be an 'fyi' and not a 'here, let me google that for you' snark.]

It is definitely an grand master-aged message, but struck me as having most of the core, downtown possibles stuffed into one action-packed message from Ed.

I still don't know what you are talking about. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

an amazing likeness

...assuming it's a serious question -- the point I was sharing is the forum software now lets you click through the "Quote from xxx" right above the quote box to link back to the source thread from which the quote was sucked forward.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

henryc

I've been doing some runs at work on the course at work recently and came upon in Natick. I had a chuckle. I would have figured it would have been a bit longer.

Imminent Catastrophe

...assuming it's a serious question -- the point I was sharing is the forum software now lets you click through the "Quote from xxx" right above the quote box to link back to the source thread from which the quote was sucked forward.

Huh? Not seeing that. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

an amazing likeness

Huh? Not seeing that. 

That's all I got for ya Herr ProfessR, for me that's a link back to the source in the quote block.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

You can take Franklin Street or Milk Street until you get to Downtown Crossing. Then take Bromfield Street to Tremont Street. Once you're on Tremont you can't miss Boston Common. Run to the opposite corner of the Common (see map) . Run along Beacon (or through the Public Garden) until you reach the corner of Beacon Street and Arlington Street. Cross Beacon Street and you'll see a funky orange twirley bridge thingy that takes you right to the Charles river walk/bike way. 

MTA: fixed a few little errors

Thanks for this... after checking out the finish line, I used your directions to the funky orange twirley bridge thingy (officially the Arthur Fiedler Bridge, oo aaah) and played chicken with bicycles along the river.  Then I crossed over to Cambridge and came back.  Worked great.