Disappointed in Mizuno (Read 1459 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have the same problem with NB......loved the NB1062 and eventually wore out 5 pairs......the 1063 felt about the same to me and I had one pair.  But the 1064's are tighter in the toes.....I am able to compensate with slightly thinner socks but they just dont fit like the NB 1062 which Im convinced someone orignally designed specifically with my foot in mind.....

I feel your pain.....

NB ditched their SL-1 last a while back in favor of a new "performance last."  Their shoes haven't fit me as well, since.  The 905 is much better than the 904, but it's no 902...best. shoe. ever.  Why companies mess with a good thing, I will never know.  Didn't Asics even re-release the 2110 as a "classic?"

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks Clay, but it looks like they only have it available in a size 7.  A bit too small for me.

I may the minority here but I like it when they change it up a bit.  It keeps me honest with myself and allows me to have to pay attention and change with them or without them.  I have never limited myself to one style (I am fortunate to be a neutral runner with a "normal" foot) and will change sometimes due to the look of the shoe or the idea that I want to try something new.  I do get what the chief complaint is here but I also enjoy the ever changing world we live in.  I did get mad a few years back when Mizuno made a change to one of their shoe but just like Spaniel (I believe) said mizuno makes far fewer changes then most of the other big named companies out there.

I hope you find a shoe that works for you soon.  Road Runners Sports will also offer a free return within 90 days of having the shoe.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

I hate it when they change the shoes too. I was happy in Saucony Omni Grid 5 and 6's then hated the 7's. Went to NB 768, then 769. Tried the Saucony 9's and lo and behold - they feel great!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

drrbradford

I hate it more when they just stop making the damn things or just stop selling them in the country you live in. R.I.P. Adidas adiZERO PR (can't get them in the UK and I'm not paying $100+international shipping+taxes).

Jemez

Same experience for me on the rider 14. I've worn 11's (3 pair), 12's (1) 13's (3), tried on the 14 and it was a non-starter. I've switched to Adidas Boston 2's, I actually wore them for a spring marathon even though I had new rider 13's, I started running in the Adidas to save the riders and wound up liking them more.

I've been wearing Wave Riders since version 6.  I hope when my 13s run out, I don't have an issue with the 14s.

Jeff

Mizuno and I parted ways when they discontinued making wide shoes for women.   It was a sad day but I'm happily running in ASIC Cumulus or Nibus (wide to accomodate honkin bunions)

Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30

Nike Vomero's arrived today and they feel great on my feet.  Can't wait to get them out for a run just to make sure.

Nike Vomero's arrived today and they feel great on my feet.  Can't wait to get them out for a run just to make sure.

Don't be surprised if they wear out after 300 miles.

They feel great.  But, they don't last long.  At least not in my experience.

Jeff

Don't be surprised if they wear out after 300 miles.

They feel great.  But, they don't last long.  At least not in my experience.

That would be great.  My Riders were about that and I've had a few pairs where 250 was pretty much max before my knees started aching.  Yeah, I spend alot on shoes.  Good thing I don't run like srlopez or I'd be buying shoes every two weeks.

That would be great.  My Riders were about that and I've had a few pairs where 250 was pretty much max before my knees started aching.  Yeah, I spend alot on shoes.  Good thing I don't run like srlopez or I'd be buying shoes every two weeks.

Hmmm.  I used to get over 500 on my Riders.

Jeff

Jemez

Hmmm.  I used to get over 500 on my Riders.

I can get 500 on riders with them looking fine, but I heel harder on one side & that wave plate gets soft after 250. Yet another reason to be happy with my switch to Adidas.

Lazy idiot

Maybe I'm just lucky.  But I get 500+ miles on all my shoes (Riders, Pegasus).  I have two pair of Riders that I still wear for 3-6 mile runs that are well into 700+ territory.  My Pegasus are at 550, and still feel like the day I got them.

Tick tock

kaneb80

I started my running journey three years ago.  Went to Fleet Feet and got properly fitted.  I have a wide foot and it seems like my choices are somewhat limited.  Anyway, I tried on 5 different shoes and the Wave Rider 11 was the only shoe that felt perfect when I put it on.  Since that day, I've worn through many Rider 11, 12, and 13's.  I'm close to retiring my last pair of 13's, and went to Fleet Feet yesterday to try on the new Rider 14's.  I was a little worried reading some reviews from others, but damn, they were right.  The fit has changed.  It no longer felt "perfect" on my foot.  The toe box is more narrow, and the back of the shoe seems to ride up a little higher and was rubbing against me when I went for a little run down the street.

After three years of being a loyal Mizuno wearer, it looks like I'm moving to the NIke Vomero.  This is the only other shoe that I've ever put on that felt good.  Ordered a pair from Running Warehouse yesterday (because of the free returns thing) and plan to get in a run with them Thursday or Friday. 

I liked the 13s. Got probably 600 miles. The 14s feel maybe a little different but after 500+ miles in 'em, I guess my body is used to 'em. They've been the best middle-of-the-road trainer for me. About the heaviest shoe I want but certainly a quality product to get me through a winter of running mostly on city roads, especially my long runs (20+ miles).