2013 Sub 1:30 Half Marathon (Read 1808 times)

C-R

Well done rain and setantae.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Well done rain and setantae.

+1

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats cecil, rain and setantae!!

Few more to go before I'm even up to bat and I'm already jittery. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Nice work Cecil and setantae!  Rain nice RR too. i guess pr and myself are up, but not rdy for a sub1:30 quite yet. Maybe this fall, but we shall see. Pretty confident on my sub1:38 goal with a 1:36-1:37 or possibly a 1;35. Hilly course, so keeping goal conservative. Training has gone really well. Weather going to be great unlike today with this damn snowstorm. Snow already melting so should be good to go for race Saturday.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

You'll be fine especially coming off the 20k you just ran.

Congrats cecil, rain and setantae!!

Few more to go before I'm even up to bat and I'm already jittery. lol

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Dreamn

Dreamn - feel free to join us here. I am not going for a sub1;30 this year. More the merrier is what I say.

C-R - nice job on the 1;38. Still a solid time.

Dtothe2nd - solid 20k. Looks like you're primed for a sub1:30.

Thanks Jedi!  I think that I will join this thread Big grin.  Please put me down for March 17th, Shamrock Half Marathon and my goal is sub-1:45.

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Jedi!  I think that I will join this thread Big grin.  Please put me down for March 17th, Shamrock Half Marathon and my goal is sub-1:45.

Welcome aboard, and good luck!  Weather is looking good for Saturday, hopefully it holds for Sunday too.

Thanks Jedi, I'm pretty confident about my goal, just very excited about the race.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

That's exactly how i feel about my race on Saturday.

Welcome aboard, and good luck!  Weather is looking good for Saturday, hopefully it holds for Sunday too.

Thanks Jedi, I'm pretty confident about my goal, just very excited about the race.  Smile

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

1:36:22 PR today. About 4min improvement. About what I thought I do on this hilly course. 8 weeks till Frederick So confident I can hit goal of a sub1:35 there.

Up Next:

???

1:36:22 PR today. About 4min improvement. About what I thought I do on this hilly course. 8 weeks till Frederick So confident I can hit goal of a sub1:35 there.

Nice work!!! Go get it in Frederick!

csab

Well done cecil, rainmaker, and setantae!

cecil: Look at you, almost PRd this one, and you said you won't be able to touch that time. Great respect from here, especially considering your age group (and I don't mean to say you are old, LOL).

rainmaker: There is nothing cooler than racing for position. I have a few 2nd and 3rd places at smaller races, but I still haven't ever won the overall. Oh, except for one track 3000 meters where there were only 7 runners, all amateurs. There were no awards on that one. Smile

setantae: Great prospects in future races. Digging a hole in a floor? How so?

delucj: I ran 1:27:11 in my debut HM and it wasn't good enough for the top 100.

C-R and jedi: Nice racing, too, congrats!

Welcome to the new people! Good training everyone.

Me: I'm 8 weeks out from my race, training like crazy. Over 60 miles a week.

Some good runs recently - well done all.

I am sitting here preparing for my race this morning. I can see snow falling as I look out of the window, and it's a bit windy. So not exactly perfect conditions, but I am feeling quite positive about today's run. We shall see.

Last year for the same event it was a beautiful spring day and I ran in my skimpy racing shorts and singlet. Today I will be fully togged out in my Antarctic explorer's gear Smile

Walk-Jogger

Jedi, nice work on the PR!

CSab, thanks for the kind word.

PR100, good luck at your race today!

I've decided to enter my first ever marathon in July, so I went out and "made a down payment on it" yesterday with an 18 mile long run, longest I've run in a long time.

Good running to everyone else who isn't racing this weekend!

Retired &  Loving It

1:31:36 - slightly frustrating.

At some point I'll do another HM this year, hopefully I can find another couple of minutes with a bit more training.

Tough luck PR, but it was a bit breezy out there yesterday....